Which companies not associated with any recall

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My head is pounding and I can't even think. I've researched and reseached and I don't know which end is up anymore.

Are there ANY foods out there (wet) that are not manufactured by Menu or American or whoever else might have purchsed tainted glutens? If anybody knows where I can find a list, please let me know. I guess I have to switch again and hope I haven't poisioned them already with Spa Select and Natural Balance.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposedly, Felidae is canned at their own plant...although I don't understand why they don't state that on their site, if it's true. At a time like this, I would be be sure to state that very clearly.

They have 3 paragraphs that dance around the subject...sorry this is a sore point with me. www.felidae.com That said, I have and do serve their food, but my cats aren't terribly impressed with it.

You tried Merrick's and it flopped with your pair?

ETA: If you haven't tried ALL the Merricks, you might want to try again...the love/hate for that is like night and day here...some flavors, they inhale and others they just pass on.

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Misty, fwiw, check out the Natura pet site (Innova, California Natural...)

http://www.naturapet.com/

They were not involved in ANY recalls.

*BUT* Tthey do use a Menu plant in South Dakota. They are planning to build their own plants now to disavow any Menu association.

Their info is upfront and reassuring. And the quality of the Natura line is top notch. My cats are *thriving* on California Natural.

Also, Nature's Variety http://www.naturesvariety.com/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Supposedly, Felidae is canned at their own plant...although I don't understand why they don't state that on their site, if it's true. At a time like this, I would be be sure to state that very clearly.

They have 3 paragraphs that dance around the subject...sorry this is a sore point with me. www.felidae.com That said, I have and do serve their food, but my cats aren't terribly impressed with it.

ETA: If you haven't tried ALL the Merricks, you might want to try again...the love/hate for that is like night and day here...some flavors, they inhale and others they just pass on.
Yes, I've tried Merrick's, most brands. They lick at some of them, but none were real big hits. I have a few cans at home, I guess I'll give it another try.

Felidae they will eat if I add water to it, but again not real thrilled with it, and I can't find it anywhere locally.

I've calmed down a bit, and ready to go back to the drawing board with the research, I guess. The problem is, I just don't trust any of them anymore.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by followedbydolls

Although wellness does use menu, they do make quite a few grain free wet foods and have not been recalled. I'm using some of their dry.

I'm running a blank on who else other than the ones already mentioned and will have to give it more thought.. sorry

ETA;
here is wellness statement off their site
http://www.omhpet.com/wellness/aboutus_philosophy.html
Unfortunately, Wellness uses garlic in their foods.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jpawz

Misty, fwiw, check out the Natura pet site (Innova, California Natural...)

http://www.naturapet.com/

They were not involved in ANY recalls.

*BUT* Tthey do use a Menu plant in South Dakota. They are planning to build their own plants now to disavow any Menu association.

Their info is upfront and reassuring. And the quality of the Natura line is top notch. My cats are *thriving* on California Natural.

Also, Nature's Variety http://www.naturesvariety.com/
I do feed them Cal. Natural dry food, but since the canned is made by menu, that's out. It's moot anyway, because I tried them on it before all this garbage started, and they didn't like it. They also don't like Innova or Evo, dry or wet.

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I do feed them Cal. Natural dry food, but since the canned is made by menu, that's out. It's moot anyway, because I tried them on it before all this garbage started, and they didn't like it. They also don't like Innova or Evo, dry or wet.
Bah. Another week, another 'what is safe???' thread.

Like I have replied before, unless we are making our own foods for our cats, all we can do is watch the recall lists, try a variety of foods that seem to fit the ingredient bill and our satisfy our cats' taste buds.

Easier said than done, I know *sigh*

My cats love Wellness wet but I am also not super comfy with garlic or the Menu association. But the cats have to eat! So I rotate with some other wet and dry, making some concessions along the way, and hope for the best.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOODS that have no recall associations at this pt :

WET FOODs

EVANGERS... they have there own plant and are family run

Merrick ... see above...

Felidea ...??? they say no but not definitively enough on site

FROMMS ... May be made in CHINA??

Tiki cat ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOODS NOT recalled but made by Menu or Diamond

Solid gold

Wellness

Natura : EVO Innova California Natural

Natures variety

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Have to agree with that. Mine won't anything pate style. They like it runny. Cowboy Cookout does not go over well and they like beef - just not the pate. They love Granny's Pot Pie and Thanksgiving Dinner and hate any fish or seafood.

sweetseamus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what other brands are manufactured by American Nutrition? I'm honestly scared to feed anything now. Not that Menu Foods is any better, but the fact that ANI used RPC without the knowledge or consent of companies like NB, Diamond and Blue Spa is reprehensible. It makes me question what other brands they may be involved with that could have additives that aren't listed on the label and that may not realize that ANI has added questionable ingredients to their products. As freaked out as I am that I've recently fed some of the recalled canned products from NB and Blue Spa, I also have to give those companies credit for coming forward as soon as they were aware of American Nutrition's deception. Even though these products haven't tested positive I'm glad they are doing the right thing and removing them from the shelves as a precaution.

BTW, on another thread someone alluded to the Castor and Pollux foods as being questionable and that their official statement on the recall wasn't accurate. I have a few cans at home and I don't want to use them if there is a potential problem (although it seems nothing is guaranteed to be safe now anyway). Can someone clarify? Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont know who AMerican Nutrition makes ... but
so far it is

Diamond
chicken soup
Natural balence
solid gold
Blue spa / Blue buffalo

Castor and polluck is made at Menu

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeLovely79

Halo's the make of Spot's Stew is not associated with any recalls. I'm seriously thinking about sticking with this and raw until the situation improves.

http://www.halopets.com/
MY issues with this food are numerous .. WAY TOO MANY veggies for a cat , plus a higher level of garlic ... the cat one is most suited for a DOG

sweetseamus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wish it was easier to determine which manufacturers make what products. This is so confusing!

I also find it very disturbing that American Nutrition has not yet updated the statement on their website concerning the recall. I just emailed them and gave them a piece of my mind.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen people mention possible issues with Castor & Pollinix. Are there issues with this food or not? I am getting worried because I was feeding my cats Castor & Pollinix Ultramix dry. I just finished complete food change to Innova Evo Dry for all 3 of my cats.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth, I have sent emails to Evangers, Solid Gold, and Felidae asking them specific questions - primarily - which company(ies) manufactures their food, which country(ies) they get their ingredients from, and if they have verified with their manufacturer that ingredients haven't been added to their foods that are not listed on their labels.

Merrick's web site specifically states that they have their own manufacturing plant and that no raw ingredients originate in China, so I asked them where they get their raw ingredients and if they are routinely testing for the contaminants.

If I get answers, I will pass the info along.