Someone PLEASE talk me out of cat #6!!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ARrrrggghhhhh!!!! I've fallen hopelessly in love with one of the momma cats I had for 2 months
. OH GOD!!! What am I going to do? She is the absolute sweetest doll. You can cradle her like a baby, play with her feet, her tail, she purrs when just touch her and she's gorgeous! I was firm on the fact that she would go to the adoption clinic after her babies were adopted and she did, but she wasn't adopted that day so she's back at my house. Adoption clinic is every Saturday and I don't know if I can bring her tomorrow. I've fallen in love with her personality. She follows us everywhere we go like a little puppy dog and she's fit in very well with my crew. Pretty much gets along great with everyone with the occasional tiff. What am I going to do!!! I am so torn.
How could you not fall in love with this face??

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
ummmm...... You're allergic to cats!

What a cutie.
If the cheeks were a little chubbier, that would be Abby's twin.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not going to try to talk you out of adopting her, because she's adorable. Wait ... Don't adopt her. I want her!
(J would kill me. He's happy with two cats. His personal rule is that the cats should not outnumber the humans in the house. His rule, not mine. I'm working on it.
)

Seriously, though, if you really have reservations about adopting her, ask yourself these questions: can you afford a sixth cat? do you have room in your home for a sixth cat? do you have enough litterboxes? how would the rest of your cats react to a new friend? If you still feel uncertain about whether or not you should adopt her after answering all these questions, you should let someone else bring her home. She's beautiful and will easily find a home.

(But I still think you should keep her. Or convince my fiance to let me have her!
)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You loved her from the very first time she came to you ... and I said then, to keep her ....... I cant go back on my word now ........

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would keep her, she is gorgeous and what a lovely personality! It sounds like she is exactly where she wants to be too and that counts for a lot. I wouldn't be able to let her go. If you can afford her, keep her!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KEEP HER!

You know you that you belong to her - look at her face - it is there in her eyes: YOU are her human.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you might be asking the wrong people to convince you to let her go for adoption!!! LOL. We're all hopeless kitty addicts too!!!!

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, she's GORGEOUS! And having six cats isn't really any different than having five cats.

Did that help? No? Well, I've never been good at being the Voice of Reason.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You already have 5..one more couldn't hurt.
Sorry I can't talk ya out of it...If I were any good at that I wouldn't have 6.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KEEP HER!!!

How could you not??!
You have already fallen in love with her~so go for it!! And besides your asking someone who just got a kitty last week, which makes # 8 for me!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

ummmm...... You're allergic to cats!

What a cutie.
If the cheeks were a little chubbier, that would be Abby's twin.
Ooh! You're right? Want her?
You could plump her up! (still trying to convince myself. Making excuses...it's not working)

Originally Posted by Mirinae

Seriously, though, if you really have reservations about adopting her, ask yourself these questions: can you afford a sixth cat? do you have room in your home for a sixth cat? do you have enough litterboxes? how would the rest of your cats react to a new friend? If you still feel uncertain about whether or not you should adopt her after answering all these questions, you should let someone else bring her home. She's beautiful and will easily find a home.

(But I still think you should keep her. Or convince my fiance to let me have her!
)
Can I afford it? - yes
Do I have enough room - yes
Do I have enough litter boxes - definitely! They have their own potty room!
How are the others reacting? She's been around them for 2 months already.
Ok...wait a minute....you're not helping!

Originally Posted by Renny

I think you might be asking the wrong people to convince you to let her go for adoption!!! LOL. We're all hopeless kitty addicts too!!!!
Yeah - I can see that now.

Of course she's not helping me either because I'm spring cleaning my room and she's been right next to me all day - sleeping on my clothes, curling up in the boxes and just looking at me with those eyes, chasing things I"m finding. She's pouring on the cuteness.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

His personal rule is that the cats should not outnumber the humans in the house.
Ah, but he's only counting heads -- if you go by avoirdupois, you can have...

Well, let's see, say ten pounds average per cat, probably 160 pounds average per human...

Why, you could have 32 cats and still maintain the balance of power in your household!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ah, but he's only counting heads -- if you go by avoirdupois, you can have...

Well, let's see, say ten pounds average per cat, probably 160 pounds average per human...

Why, you could have 32 cats and still maintain the balance of power in your household!

I like the way you think!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Can I afford it? - yes
Do I have enough room - yes
Do I have enough litter boxes - definitely! They have their own potty room!
How are the others reacting? She's been around them for 2 months already.
Ok...wait a minute....you're not helping!

She's pouring on the cuteness.
Congratulations!!!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, she is beautiful and sounds like such a sweetie, how can we possibly talk you out of keeping her??