Our bottle babies are all better!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had to share these pictures. These are the two little babies I had last weekend that were so sick! We really truely didn't think they were going to make it. I wrote a little about this in another thread, but in a nutshell:
* One is a 3 week old tabby girl (left) who was just left behind by her mother. Usually not a good sign. When we rescued her wasn't all that thin, but wasn't eating either. Her eyes were very clouded over and the third eyelid was most of the way up and she had a strange cough.
*The other one is about 7 weeks old and was from a litter of 8. He was pure bone. Poor thing was found laying on his back, head back, mouth open (just like they do right before they pass
). He couldn't meow at all and his eyes were infected and closed. We figured he was basically starving to death because he couldn't see mom and couldn't call to her

I'm happy to say that they have both made a remarkable recovery. The little tabby's eyes are completely clear (no third eyelid), they're bright and she's very alert. She's active and a screamer and the cough is almost completely gone.
This other one was pretty much a miracle baby. He did a turnaround in almost 3 short days. Eyes cleared up, eating like a little piggy and has turned into an unstoppable nutcase. I just love this picture! He still can't meow at all - so he just opens his mouth like this and nothing comes out. So cute!

What a difference from when we found them. Just had to share the pictures. It makes my heart warm when things like this happen.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's so great to hear about their recovery!! I just want to steal that little fuzzy guy. I'm such a sucker for a long hair...that second one made me laugh out loud.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a miracle! They are both gorgeous miracle babies! I too am a sucker for the fuzzy-butts!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh jeese look at those little 'uns now

they are so spunky - who'd have ever thought it
that 2nd photo is just a hoot - I can imagine 'no noise' as well, bless

you deserve a huge hug for all your hard work - bless you for saving those and many more other little ones

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Oh, that's so great to hear about their recovery!! I just want to steal that little fuzzy guy. I'm such a sucker for a long hair...that second one made me laugh out loud.
You should have seen the rest of his litter!!! OMG!!
All 8 of them were DLH, but all different colors - gray/white, tabby, black/white, etc. They were all gorgeous! 3 of them looked like they had some maine coon in them. What a beautiful litter. All 7 have gone to great homes. This little guy will hopefully go soon as well.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

Great job! Must have been a lot of work especially if you were giving eye medicine as well as bottle feeding. They are adorable.
Umm...yeah...I've discovered eye medicine isn't all that fun.
Squirmy little worms!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My goodness, they are both so adorable! I can't believe how little the fluffy-bum is - almost the same size as the little 4 week old. His little silent scream is just too funny!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good job!!!
and i love the one in the right~~~
no no no no, i dont need another kitty really i dont.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Umm...yeah...I've discovered eye medicine isn't all that fun.
Squirmy little worms!
Tell me about it. I had 7 little guys once that needed eye meds (2 kinds) and bottles. The vet thought they would have to be put to sleep, but the shelter told me to do the meds. Their eyes all got better and they were great kittens. Won't listen to that vet again!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

Tell me about it. I had 7 little guys once that needed eye meds (2 kinds) and bottles. The vet thought they would have to be put to sleep, but the shelter told me to do the meds. Their eyes all got better and they were great kittens. Won't listen to that vet again!
That's great!!
It just makes it all so worth it - doesn't it?
We're still worried about the little tabby girl. She's better, but she still has some sort of cough. Sounds very similar to when adults are hacking up hairballs (which we know she doesn't have at 3 wks old) and she appears to have some labored breathing. Not a good sign. Maybe something wrong with her lungs. She's been on antibiotic for 10 days now and she's going to go to the vets this week to have him take a look. Poor little thing.
She's playful, eats well, bright eyes, active, yet she always looks like she's out of breath. I hope she's going to be ok.