Twig is sick...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually he has something wrong with his tail.
We came home from the new house tonight and he seems to have an abcess or something like it on his tail and it doesn't look like a cat bite or anything of the sort.
It's icky and infected and I called the after hours vet and they said to put a warm compress on it and bring him in in the morning. I'm freaking out. I knew all day there was something wrong with him. But we were busy with the closing on the house and running all day so I didn't get a chance to really check him out until tonight but all day it was eating away at me. I am a horrible mom and I feel terrible. How could this happen? I don't let them out and there aren't two cuts so it doesn't seem like a cat bite. I can't think of anyway it could happen.

Please some vibes he'll be ok? I'm stressed out and so worried.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Twig!
Sending lots and lots of good vibes his way

It's not your fault, so be easy on yourself
Sounds like maybe he got smacked by one of your other kitties and it got infected. Hopefully antibiotics will clear it up.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope twig gets better soon , it could have been anything he might have caught it on something . please dont blame yourself.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about Twig's tail, Barb. Hope he gets some relief soon.

And things happen, don't blame yourself.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Twig. I hope he gets to feeling better soon...Don't blame yourself, some things are so hard to see when it comes to cats.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww heck, poor Twig, I wonder what could have happened
don't blame yourself, they do get up to all sorts of tricks.

Lots of get well soon (((((
vibes
))))) coming over from Twig

keep us posted !

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor little Twig! Cats can get up to all sorts of things and do themselves a damage... he could have gotten a tiny cut that got infected while he was playing around one night. It's easy done - you're not a bad meowmy at all. The vet will get him all fixed up again good as new in no time!
Special hugs for your twiggyboy too

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor little Twig, I hope he gets better. Its not your fault, these things do happen, he is lucky he has you to look after him and sort it out. Really hoping that all goes well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twig update:
The vet said it looked like a cat bite but it was only one tooth that got him that she could see.(it was the vet I don't care for but I needed to get Twig in asap so I had no choice in seeing her) She opened it up to make sure it drained out and the yucky stuff was all out of it, and gave him some antibiotics.
He was NOT a happy camper. Yeowling and screaming until they were done. I was crying, because he seemed to be in so much pain. I took him home and put him in the bedroom and closed the door so he could relax (and not take out his pain on the other cats) and he was fine by the time DH got home.
I'm ok now. I have to give him his meds today but I am going to wait until after I get off work to make sure he doesn't throw them up.

Thanks for the support. I needed it. My poor baby. I feel like I let him down.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...poor kitty...
I´m so sorry about it for his sick!...

)))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((
I hope my good vibes for a soon recovery are on time!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby. His tail is still oozing yucky stuff and he won't let us clean it without a fight. He took his pills without a problem tonight so at least I know he's getting the antibiotics he needs to fight the infection in his tail.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Barb, don't blame yourself!! Kitties get into trouble all the time, and he will be fine

Sending many healing vibes for Twig{{{{}}}}

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awww, Barb, don't blame yourself!! Kitties get into trouble all the time, and he will be fine

Sending many healing vibes for Twig{{{{}}}}
Thanks. He needs all the healing vibes he can get. His meowmy is feeling pretty bad for him right about now, so he's extra spoiled.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!
He will be alright meowmy. Please dont blame youself!!

Many healing vibes heading your way Twig!!! <<<GET WELL TWIG>>>