Ahh! An aggressive snake!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The other night I was doing my 5 mile walk with Moscow on a poorly lit trail. As we were passing, a tiny snake came out on the path and lunged at Moscow. Being deathly afraid of snakes, I naturally let out a gasp/scream and dragged Moscow several feet away. Moscow tried to go after it as well, but I held onto him tightly.

I was so freaked out. For the rest of the walk I couldn't think of anything but where this snake would strike next. I thought snakes are afraid of people and animals? I don't know what type of snake it was, but it was about as thin as a pencil and about 8 inches long. Because it was dark, it looked black, but I'm not 100% sure. I didn't stick around to look for patterns either. What kind of snake would strike out like that?

I am absolutely certain that he was not on the path as we passed because I always look down to avoid stepping on earthworms (eww!). I'm afraid of walking that path again tonight.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that does sound scary. I know you guys get poisonous snakes down there, so it makes sense to be very wary.
Sounds like big brave Moscow would've protected you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Wow, that does sound scary. I know you guys get poisonous snakes down there, so it makes sense to be very wary.
Sounds like big brave Moscow would've protected you!
Haha! More like big brave Moscow found the coolest stick ever that moves! He was more excited than alarmed.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small snakes actually tend to be even more aggressive in action, trying to scare of potential predators before ph
ysical contact. It was successful!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last spring I was cleaning out our water fountain, and there was a tiny garter snake under the plastic tub part. He struck at me with his mouth wide open! I was amazed he could open his mouth that much.
Early spring when it's just beginning to warm up, the snakes are a bit sluggish and can't get out of the way as quickly, so they will defend themselves.
Maybe you woke him up and surprised him as you two walked by. It's not a nice feeling to see the inside of a snake's mouth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Eep, I would have let out some sort of bodily fluid I think for sure
Who says I didn't?
Just kidding, but yeah, I'm that afraid of snakes.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can honestly say I would pee my pants...Im scared of ALL BUGS! And even fish. We went for vacation last yr to Va Beach and it took my friends 2 hrs of talking to lifeguards and other beach staff to convince me that I wasnt going to get attack by a shark, lobster, crab, jellyfish, and basic fishy water creature what so ever. Cuz if I would have been touched by a fish of any type I would have screamed like it was the middle of Jaws 3!!!! I dont blame you in any way shape or form for being geeked out by it. *Hercules likes to kill goldfish so maybe hes my knight in furry armor..lol*