KatKwiz #28 - Persi has been a bad boy!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the top right of this page, click the "Cat Breeds" link.

Scroll down the list and click "Himalayan Cats"

Scroll down the page and read the paragraph that mentions Himalayan Temperment.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Click Cat Breeds above
Then click on Himalayan Cats
Scroll to the Temperament and Health Issues & there it mentions that
Himalayan cats are prone to cat fits. "They run through the house at breakneck speeds for no apparent reason. But that's about all they do. They don't get into trouble just for the sake of stirring things up."

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, first I go to the forums main page, then click on behavior, then click on Search This Thread, then type in Himalayan, then see what comes up.

Since there really isn't anything substantial regarding Himalayans specifically, I then assume that they are no different from other cats when it comes to behavioral issues, so I click on this thread for info:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22301

Edit: Huh. It looks like I went in a totally different direction, LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Well, first I go to the forums main page, then click on behavior, then click on Search This Thread, then type in Himalayan, then see what comes up.

Since there really isn't anything substantial regarding Himalayans specifically, I then assume that they are no different from other cats when it comes to behavioral issues, so I click on this thread for info:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22301

Edit: Huh. It looks like I went in a totally different direction, LOL!
Nobody answered the original question which was how to cure a specific behavior problem with a Himalayan cat specifically. (Alley wanted to know how to cure Persi's bad behavior.) All of you have only supplied information of a general sense. Here is the exact information I was looking for and stated in the original question:

http://www.fortheloveofkitty.com/Himalayan/

There appears to be a problem however. Every now and then this link appears at the top of the page, but sometimes it is blocked by one of those "you are the hourly winner" things. So sometimes there is a direct link to this book but right now for instance I do not see it, but did when the question was asked.

So the board of director have talked things over and here is what has been decided:

You four people and only you four people have another question you can answer for the 300 points. First one in wins. Here it is:

What breed of cat is Persi according to the CFA

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The don't have one listed for the Ocicat......

Hey NOT fair that only 4 people can answer what breed of cat Persi is - I KNOW the answer.....can't I tell??????

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Nobody answered the original question which was how to cure a specific behavior problem with a Himalayan cat specifically. (Alley wanted to know how to cure Persi's bad behavior.) All of you have only supplied information of a general sense. Here is the exact information I was looking for and stated in the original question:

http://www.fortheloveofkitty.com/Himalayan/

There appears to be a problem however. Every now and then this link appears at the top of the page, but sometimes it is blocked by one of those "you are the hourly winner" things. So sometimes there is a direct link to this book but right now for instance I do not see it, but did when the question was asked.

So the board of director have talked things over and here is what has been decided:

You four people and only you four people have another question you can answer for the 300 points. First one in wins. Here it is:

What breed of cat is Persi according to the CFA
I clicked on your homepage, then about me page.
Persi is Persian
"The word
"Himalayan" does not exist as a breed of cat according to the CFA, but rather as a color of Persian cat. "

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persi is Persian.

I clicked on Cat Breeds at the top right of this page.

Then scrolled down and clicked on Himalayan Cats.

In the section titled "History of Himalayan Cats" has the following information.

The breed was accepted by CFA in 1957 as a breed standard, and in the 1980's it was merged with the Persian breed, listing them as a color variation of a Persian instead of a totally different breed.
p.s. I've never seen the link you mentioned. Is it because I have the ads turned off?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The don't have one listed for the Ocicat......

Hey NOT fair that only 4 people can answer what breed of cat Persi is - I KNOW the answer.....can't I tell??????
I know you know! You know more about Persi than I do.
Anyway, KatKwiz #29 has been posted. Try your luck there.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I clicked on your homepage, then about me page.
Persi is Persian
"The word
"Himalayan" does not exist as a breed of cat according to the CFA, but rather as a color of Persian cat. "
Before I award the points to you, show me how you can just click on my homepage without first clicking on my username.
That would be 3 clicks. Alleygirl has used only two clicks. There have been cases in the past where different people have different browsers so I am not doubting your word, just tell me how you can directly click on my home page without clicking on something else first.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Before I award the points to you, show me how you can just click on my homepage without first clicking on my username.
That would be 3 clicks. Alleygirl has used only two clicks. There have been cases in the past where different people have different browsers so I am not doubting your word, just tell me how you can directly click on my home page without clicking on something else first.
It would be three clicks, by clicking on your username which is how I did it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Persi is Persian.

I clicked on Cat Breeds at the top right of this page.

Then scrolled down and clicked on Himalayan Cats.

In the section titled "History of Himalayan Cats" has the following information.

p.s. I've never seen the link you mentioned. Is it because I have the ads turned off?
Finally! You are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day!
300 points.

And yes, that must be the answer, that you have the ads turned off. So now I am going to have to be careful in the future because I see things that Premier members do not. Hmmm, this is going to be a problem because I do want our members to support our sponsors and sometime I use one of our sponsor's links. I had forgot that premier members do not see them. Oh well, you ended up the winner anyway, after all that.