I'll cook you whatever you want for dinner!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.K., not quite since that's impossible, but pretend you are coming to our house for dinner tonight. I will cook you anything you want, from scratch. What would be on the menu?

This is my desperate plea for dinner ideas.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

O.K., not quite since that's impossible, but pretend you are coming to our house for dinner tonight. I will cook you anything you want, from scratch. What would be on the menu?

This is my desperate plea for dinner ideas.
I'll make it a simple request: ribeye steak, baked potato and ceasar salad. What time is dinner?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want mastacholi since I never have tried it! Or some form of a cheesy italian dish! MMMMMM I guess I will just have to settle for BW3's!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger prawns with chilli & cheese

Shoulder of lamb, shallots, & peppers in red wine sauce , served with green veggies

Pan au Chocolat - which is croissant soaked in cointreau, drizzled with chocolate & served with double cream

I'll drop around about 7.30pm for cocktails and dinner at 8pm then

more ideas................? ? ? love this - it gives me some ideas too

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prime rib(rare), yorkshire pudding, au jus, with steamed snow peas, corn on the cob with an apple rhubarb pie with a crumble top and vanilla whipped cream for desert.

Ok - now I'm hungry - what time is dinner?

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of two things

Old-Bay Shrimp

Fill pan with beer of choice and add old bay seasoning. Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are orange in color. Enjoy. Add ketchup/horseraddish (sp) sauce if desired.

Black Beans and Rice

Cook rice and black beans. Put layer of cooked rice on plate. Put layer of black beans on top of rice. Add letuce, cheese, onions, salsa, sour cream, and tomatos as desired.

As you can see, I am very simple when it comes to food.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, the important thing is yeast rolls, fresh from the oven. If you've got those, nothing else matters!

Well, not true -- a really spectacular dessert counts for a lot, too. Here's an easy one I used to make: Make a simple sheet cake, lemon flavor -- poppy seeds optional. Get two or three jars of "lemon curd" and use that as frosting, then chill the cake. Gently melt some seedless raspberry jelly in a saucepan, not letting it get too hot. Plate up the cake and pour the raspberry sauce over the top of each slice, then toss on some fresh raspberries or blackberries. It looks much harder than it is!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LASAGNA!!!!!!! Im going good ole fashioned garfield with this plan....You never go wrong with yummy italian food....Dont forget lotsa cheeze.....

What time is dinner???? We all wanna be ready!!!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

LASAGNA!!!!!!! Im going good ole fashioned garfield with this plan....You never go wrong with yummy italian food....Dont forget lotsa cheeze.....

What time is dinner???? We all wanna be ready!!!!
Don't forget the piping hot garlic bread! Yum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

...ribeye steak, baked potato and ceasar salad. What time is dinner?
Dinner's at 6:00 but you can come later if you want!

Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

...T-Bone steaks and green beans and salad?
Originally Posted by mooficat

Tiger prawns with chilli & cheese...

Shoulder of lamb, shallots, & peppers in red wine sauce , served with green veggies

Pan au Chocolat - which is croissant soaked in cointreau, drizzled with chocolate & served with double cream
Originally Posted by adymarie

Prime rib(rare), yorkshire pudding, au jus, with steamed snow peas, corn on the cob with an apple rhubarb pie with a crumble top and vanilla whipped cream for desert....
I'd better start cooking now.

Originally Posted by Soka

...Old-Bay Shrimp...
Black Beans and Rice...
As you can see, I am very simple when it comes to food.
Mmm... lots of surf and turf! I have the BBQ cleaned and ready for summer and prawns are on special right now, too.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

For me, the important thing is yeast rolls, fresh from the oven. If you've got those, nothing else matters!

Well, not true -- a really spectacular dessert counts for a lot, too. Here's an easy one I used to make: ...
Yeast rolls and a huge chef salad sounds good!

Your dessert sounds like a fruity Boston Cream Pie... yummy!

Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

LASAGNA!!!!!!! ...
I make a great veggie lasagna, with fresh spinach, grated carrots, mushrooms, and fresh tomatoes...

Originally Posted by trixie23

I want mastacholi since I never have tried it! Or some form of a cheesy italian dish!...
I looked up this recipe and it looks great! Husband loves pasta dishes. I actually made a sauce last night that sounds similar, with crumbled Italian sausage meat, but with just parmesan sprinked on top.

Great ideas!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brown sugar encrusted Salmon

with Brocolli topped with almonds

side salad with Lemon dressing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Brown sugar encrusted Salmon

with Brocolli topped with almonds

side salad with Lemon dressing

Will you take a raincheck? Salmon will be fresh in-season starting next month...

Anybody need more wine? Dinner's in 20 minutes!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Spanish style stewed chicken, rice and beans, and salad with red onion dressing is pretty easy and very tasty! A lot of fresh ingredients! Let me know if you want recipes.......
Cream chicken with penne or paesana( sweet onion,peas, and ham cream sauce) are also DELICIOUS!
Eggplant rolatini!
All right, I am really hungry right now!

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not good at coming up with a bunch of foods that will taste good together :x But my favorite dishes are masamun curry and black bean chicken... oh man and cheese enchiladas. And there's this walnut shrimp dish that is SO GOOD OH MAN. I'm so hungry ;_;

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh...I want some chicken and noodles!! Mashed potatoes, corn....that all sounds soooo yummy!!
I actually have a friend of mine making the chicken and noodles for me tomorrow,lol. She knows how well I like hers and that just sounds so good right now(since I cant eat much)