I just couldn't believe my eyes!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the bathroom getting ready for work this morning, when I heard the sound of a collar tag clinking against a food dish, and peeked around the corner to see Ginger scarfing down the leftover chicken & liver wet food from Ferris' dish!

She has refused ALL wet food except for ONE flavor of Meow Mix for more than a year - and now suddenly she is sitting there eating chicken and LIVER flavor???

I just don't get it - maybe I was still dreaming and thought I was awake?

Anyway, she finished off the rest of what was in his bowl. I bet any money that if I tried to feed that flavor to her for supper, she'd turn her dainty nose up and walk away.

Cats are SO weird!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah but it's Ferris's food, which makes it worth eating regardless of what flavour it is. You know it tastes better when you're stealing it from someone else - in cat world anyway

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It cracks me up when they do that! My girls will swap bowls half way through a meal. even if it is the same thing!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Ah but it's Ferris's food, which makes it worth eating regardless of what flavour it is. You know it tastes better when you're stealing it from someone else - in cat world anyway
haha, that is about what i was thinking

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophies terrible for doing that!. They both get the same but you can see her looking over at Rosie as if she's getting something different, so she'll push her way into Rosie's bowl and Rosie used to walk away, but now she just goes to Sophies and eats hers

Sophies like that with any toys they get as well.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bobber caught a mouse last night and fussy Ox ate it!! He is so odd at times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Sophies terrible for doing that!. They both get the same but you can see her looking over at Rosie as if she's getting something different, so she'll push her way into Rosie's bowl and Rosie used to walk away, but now she just goes to Sophies and eats hers

Sophies like that with any toys they get as well.
Usually, it is Ferris who is the little piglet that goes and eats Ginger's food after eating his own. She normally couldn't be bothered with what is in HIS bowl, which is what made this so surprising for me to see!

I can't even put their food dishes next to each other - they eat at opposite sides of the kitchen. In the past I have seen her come over to give Ferris' bowl a sniff, just to see what's in there, and then she walks away. But for her to suddenly scarf it down?

I'm stymied.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yup, my boys do exactly the same thing. When I first put the plates down it's a huge decision about who gets to eat off of which one (they're exactly the same). Then they switch about 3 times each meal, sometimes eating off the same plate at once, sometimes not. They're weird little critters.

When I first got them, Nigel was super-protective of his food and would growl at Pekoe if he even LOOKED in Nigel's direction when the bowls were down. I thought it was the weirdest thing ever, having this little kitten growl at another baby kitten like that. Luckily, once Nij realized that there would always be enough food for everyone and that he didn't have to fight for it, the whole aggressive thing tapered off.