what can i suggest other then a spay?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure if this is the right place for this so sorry if it isnt.
one of the mums around my childrens school has a female cat , she is about 9 months old i think. shes an indoor only cat but she goes into heat every other week , i think this started in febuary. i have asked her to get her spayed but she wont have the money for another 2 months , what are some of the things that can happen to a cat who is calling nearly all the time just so i can advise her on what can happen. thanx in advance

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what you mean ? do you mean what behaviour she will show ?

Can this lady get her done at one of the low cost places like the Cats Protection or PDSA ?

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As mooficat pointed out, if she get in touch with RSPCA, CPL, PDSA she can get vouchers for at least 1/2 price spaying if she is receiving benefits or at their discretion if she explains she is in financial difficulty.

I see you are in London. There is an animal trust called the Celia Hammond Animal Trust in SE London. They spay cats for about £20. With the money off voucher thats £10! Maybe you could tell her this?

http://www.celiahammond.org/index.ph...position=42:42

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shes not on benfits , personally i think its an excuess not to get her done , but i have been in a bad money situation before now so i cant judge.
i mean i think i read somewhere they can get something it begins with a P but for the life of me i cant remember what it is called.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some places may accept giving her a voucher if she calls them and asks for help and explains her financial difficulties. A friend of mine did this and she was not on benefits. But first, she has to be BOTHERED to spay the cat and BOTHERED to seek help to do it. Can't she borrow £20 off someone?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im about 5 mins away from Celia Hammond Animal Trust this is who i do some rescue help with, it wouldnt suprise me if shes holding out to mate her i got my lilly from this women and she has her sister , her sister had kittens 2 weeks before lilly had hers (was pregnant when i got her) long story after that . and her penny has had 1 other litter since. this is one from her first litter who is in heat she found homes for the other kittens when they was only 6 weeks old. but if i can tell her some of the health issues is involved with her calling all the time maybe i can get her to change her mind ? with the 2 months time thing i think shes just saying this to keep me quiet

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Some places may accept giving her a voucher if she calls them and asks for help and explains her financial difficulties. A friend of mine did this and she was not on benefits. But first, she has to be BOTHERED to spay the cat and BOTHERED to seek help to do it. Can't she borrow £20 off someone?
iv offered to give her the money , but she wont except it.
god i know it looks like im trying to give excuess for this women but im not honestly,

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

im about 5 mins away from Celia Hammond Animal Trust this is who i do some rescue help with, it wouldnt suprise me if shes holding out to mate her i got my lilly from this women and she has her sister , her sister had kittens 2 weeks before lilly had hers (was pregnant when i got her) long story after that . and her penny has had 1 other litter since. this is one from her first litter who is in heat she found homes for the other kittens when they was only 6 weeks old. but if i can tell her some of the health issues is involved with her calling all the time maybe i can get her to change her mind ? with the 2 months time thing i think shes just saying this to keep me quiet
Yes well telling her the health risks and risks to the cats safety (e.g. bolting outdoors, getting run over etc). Apart from that what can you do? At the end of the day, its her cat.

That's great you do rescue work for the Celia Hammond Trust. They are lovely people that run that place!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea i know , but every female cat she has she breeds from them she dosnt do it for the money as she gives them away ( been tempted before now to take the lot) as there normally 6 weeks old.
yes i love CHAT they have helped me get a lot of the strays neutered(not seen many female strays) which is good , and iv fostered 2 6 week old kittens for them before now , but because of the amount of cats i have here at the moment with anne and her 2 kittens im not fostering for a while yet.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh I see what you mean now - well it certainly sounds like she 'wants' to let her get pregnant
wonder why she keep breeding them if its not for the money

its a tough one, you can only do so much with those sort of people
other than take the cat yourself, which of course she wont be letting you do that - its hard, if you go on too much she might stop talking to you altogether ...........

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
weve never been close , the only reason we started talking was because she was getting rid of lilly as she wanted another dog she had 3 cats and 2 dogs , 2 unspayed females and an uneutered tom hence why lilly was pregnant when she came here. its weird that she hasnt let this cat out as she normal lets them roam, so maybe im wrong and she wont breed from her , heres hoping eh. i might be able to get a voucher form. the only way she will get the voucher though is to say shes took her in from a stray or something, i tried getting a voucher before now and got refused. now im just blabbering , had a bad night sorry x

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CHAT will spay for £20 and you don't need to be on benefits - they basically provide a safety net for those who can't get help from the RSPCA/PDSA. If she's having money troubles they may be able to help her.

Mind you if she's refusing your offers of help, maybe there is no convincing her...

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

CHAT will spay for £20 and you don't need to be on benefits - they basically provide a safety net for those who can't get help from the RSPCA/PDSA. If she's having money troubles they may be able to help her.

Mind you if she's refusing your offers of help, maybe there is no convincing her...
i know chat charges £23.50 for a spay and £17.50 for a neuter. i have told her this , she still says she has to much to pay out so the cat will have to wait
. but like some have said theres only so much i can say to her, this is the one that i finally got her to spay her girl who had 3 litters , she is the same age as lilly and lilly is 2. i belive her male went missing about 2 months ago , and he wasnt neutered, but i spose 1 good thing is she is keeping her in for now. iv even given her leafets about spays , she laughs at me

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can only do what you can... at the end of the day you just can't get through to some people, and you can't blame yourself for their failure to hear what you're telling them. I worked with someone like that, 1 unneutered tom, his unspayed daughter, and their offspring, 2 unspayed daughters/granddaughters (this is where it gets confusing). I think I was starting to get through when I was made redundant, but I bet he has 3 more seriously inbred litters on the way right now

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can get pregnant - an "in heat" cat can get out at the drop of a hat - even if it means tearing out a screen!

She can develop pyrometria - very serious infection the may kill her if not caught in time.

I would see if your friend can make some kind of payment arrangement with the vet's office and get her in now. Not 2 months from now.

Any way you can "steal" this female and have her done, then return her - without the lady seeing you do it?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol unless she lets her outside i have no chance , i dont know her well enough to go into her house , we just talk around the school. but not a bad idea hehe. and pyrometria is what i was trying to think of , i have heard of it but dont know much about it i will look it up now i know how its spelt and print her out the page. thanx