when getting out of the car

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont forget to take the gallon of milk. :lol3
warm weather plus forgotten milk= stink bomb.

i stopped drinking milk hmm before xmas. So this gallon of milk had to at least be sitting on the floor in the back for the truck for a least that long or longer.

but hmn with the warm weatehr over the weekend, well it went BOOM.
sunday when i went to get in, i could smell it, well i looked in the back
the whole side of the milk jug, split and a gallon of sour milk went all over the place.

oh man, i still cant get the stink out.l

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's horrible.
I've smelled a bottle with only a small amount of milk left in it that had been left in a hot car.

Maybe you could rent a shampooer/steam cleaner from somewhere? It's probably going to take a few very thorough cleanings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

That's horrible.
I've smelled a bottle with only a small amount of milk left in it that had been left in a hot car. Maybe you could rent a shampooer/steam cleaner from somewhere? It's probably going to take a few very thorough cleanings.
oh yea its bad, had to drive with the window part way down, even with the rain.

i did rent sunday, but i guess i will have to do that again this weekend.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A gas mask might help? Bruce, I think you would great in one of those

Seriously, get a bowl of steaming hot water with lots of lemon juice (or a few bowls). leave them in your car for a few hours....bet that helps

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

A gas mask might help? Bruce, I think you would great in one of those

Seriously, get a bowl of steaming hot water with lots of lemon juice (or a few bowls). leave them in your car for a few hours....bet that helps
lol cool i will try that today before i go to bed,
ehhe i have a real world war 1 gas mask i wonder if that would work

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Eek i can smell it from here Bruce!

Hey, you had your own butter there had it not split open
will there where big lumps, so i think it was starting to make some cottage cheese,

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh thats not nice
my MIL did that once, but in someone else car
think they paid for a professional to sort that out.......

cant help sorry !

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hate that smell - it makes me gag!

Good luck with the cleanup

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the ingredients for Rice Krispie bars and left the margarine in the "hot" car once (on the passenger seat) I took it to a detailing place to clean up-that night and it worked very well-I would get some activated charcoal or that volcanic rock stuff that is in mesh bags for odor control.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I see you clean your car out as much as I do, as in almost never!
I feel for you. Vinegar takes the smell out of almost anything, at least at first. You probably still need it professionally cleaned, but vinegar may make it at least driveable.

Last year, we helped cook food for our friends wedding. Fish...in July. The tops weren't on the containers good enough, or the heat made them pop off, I don't know what happened, but we ended up with fish juice all over our back seat. We definitely had to have that cleaned professionally after that. But, I would take a dead fish smell over sour milk any day!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, I feel your pain.
Once our freezer at work went down so we took all our product over to DH's store to hold it, well long story short, DH never took 2 cases of french fries out of my trunk and since I NEVER use my trunk I didn't even think to check it to see if anything was left in it. Well it sat for three weeks and I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from in my car and like I said it never dawned on me to check the trunk, so there they sat until one day I had to pick up something that actually required me to open the truck and holy moly the smell was NASTY!!!
I think I could have brought down an elephant with that smell. At least I know that my trunk seals in the seats are good enough to keep most of the smell in the trunk only.
Fortunately we aired it out for about three weeks and the smell went away on it's own.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no! That's awful. And funny!

If I were you, I'd try an enzyme cleaner. Natural food stores have them, usually marketed for cleaning baby and animal pee.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to have it professionally done. Yuck!