Trillian

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many of you use/have heard of Trillian? It's an IM program, but you can log on MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo all in one program and talk to people on various programs at once. I've been using it since... 2003, probably, and I don't know of anyone that uses it, much less heard of it. Anyone?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of it and I have ICQ. I have had it for the past 10 years and have never had a problem. As big as ICQ is, I am surprised more people haven't heard of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I have never heard of it and I have ICQ. I have had it for the past 10 years and have never had a problem. As big as ICQ is, I am surprised more people haven't heard of it.
I've heard of ICQ, but up in these parts it seems most people use MSN.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to use that work, but you do not have full use of lets say yahoo or msn, ]
At home i just use yahoo sometimes msn,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i used to use that work, but you do not have full use of lets say yahoo or msn, ]
At home i just use yahoo sometimes msn,
Yeah I don't like how all the features of MSN can't be used on there.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard of Trillian, but use Adium myself and have gmail, msn and yahoo in it. Works fine for me. I don't like all the bells and whistles of most programs, so it keeps it nice and simple

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I have heard of Trillian, but use Adium myself and have gmail, msn and yahoo in it. Works fine for me. I don't like all the bells and whistles of most programs, so it keeps it nice and simple
Same here. I use Adium on the Mac, and I use Gaim on the Ubuntu laptop.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use it, but then between all my weird friends who have problems with one or more programmes and all like to use something different, it makes it easier than having MSN, AIM, Yahoo and ICQ open a separately.

I have had it since 2002-3 too

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got all excited b/c I thought we were going to be talking about A Hitchhikers Guide...

My rats names were Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect.

I've never even heard of this IM'er.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't know different IMs if the bit me in the you know what. Not very technically savvy here. I am lucky I can manage this site!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

I got all excited b/c I thought we were going to be talking about A Hitchhikers Guide...

My rats names were Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect.
Hee!

I've heard of Trillian -- a bunch of my friends were on it -- but I don't use IMs ... I can't use them at work, and that's the only time I'm online and not gaming long enough to chat with people.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use it. Even though I only use my aim screenname, I use it because aim gave me so many problems. With trillian, the only problem I have is sometimes it signs me out during the day (I leave it on) and logs me back in and people try to message me because my away message went away.

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love Trillian, I have like 6 Yahoo email accounts so it's nice to have something to monitor all of them, along with my hotmail and Gmail accounts too. And then of course AIM for my actual chatting stuff

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used trillian many moons ago, but I gave up when it showed the tendency to crash the entire system. I had to rebuild my entire PC because of trillian. Not good.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use it and have been for the last 2 years or so. I talk to people on MSN, AIM, and Yahoo so it comes in handy. Now if someone new wants to chat on something I may not use much, I don't have to say "Sorry I don't have ___"

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought you had to pay for Trillian? I know there is another version of it out there...I forget what its called.

I always liked the concept mainly because i hate how long my computer takes to boot up with the IMs (I had 3-4 at one time).

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Trillian! I've only been using it for like 3 months, but stil love it!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I always thought you had to pay for Trillian? I know there is another version of it out there...I forget what its called.

I always liked the concept mainly because i hate how long my computer takes to boot up with the IMs (I had 3-4 at one time).
Nope, Trillian Basic3 (I think it's called) is free.