Da Bird

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bad mommy!

I broke Da Bird...thankfully we have two replacements. I was zipping it thru the air and the last metal part that attaches to the pole broke. We just got it today. LoL

Well Benson LOVES IT. I keep hissing and showing his teeth at Da Bird.
Lucky as usual just watches. I need to get him to play so he can lose some weight. Molly hunts and attacks. She won't let go of the feathers.

Any other cats hiss at Da Bird?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here are some
my foster kittens and kitties all love da bird!

they come with different color refills
most pet stores carry them and so does plain brown tabby- they actually have a cool looking sparkly attachment for it i'm thinking about trying sometime!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Momofmany posted her pictures I told DH to order them the next time he shops at amazon.com. The only issue I had with the order is not knowing the shipment cost. Since it didn't ship from amazon we didn't know until it shipped. He still hasn't told me but said it wasn't cheap. I feel so bad for breaking it. I am trying to super glue it together.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

After Momofmany posted her pictures I told DH to order them the next time he shops at amazon.com. The only issue I had with the order is not knowing the shipment cost. Since it didn't ship from amazon we didn't know until it shipped. He still hasn't told me but said it wasn't cheap. I feel so bad for breaking it. I am trying to super glue it together.
try duck tape?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

try duck tape?
We actually don't have any right now. Good idea though

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol, the first one I got broke within 5 minutes of entering the house and coming out of the package. My sister was having her turn at waving it around, and she got too rough with it (yanked it when Buffy was holding on tight to da bird), so da bird snapped off the metal thing that holds it to the string. I sobbed, indeed, and then I got some scotch tape and taped the heck out of it. Then I got out some string and sewed a messy-looking pattern all over it, just to give it extra support. And it worked! It still spun and twirled like new! Unfortunately Buffy loves to chew and suck on feathers, so it broke again anyways about a week later. Well, "broke" isn't the right word, but the feathers were just shells of what they used to be. They no longer had "hair" (whatever it is), and one of them, stalks as they were, was broken in half. So I have to buy another one...

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy the refills by the dozen!! This is a very popular toy in my house, but Bella also likes to chew/suck on the feathers until they're just sticks...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I need to get one - I think both the kids and the cats would like chasing that!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG now Molly is hissing and growling. I think they believe it is a real Bird! Lucky still just sits there. DH is playing video games but hopefully later I can get him to take pictures.