videogames?

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night Jim and I went over to a coworker's place because he got an Xbox360. They played Gears of War and HOLY CRAP that game is really scary and intense. It had this whole thing where your guys couldn't go into the dark because the monsters would attack them, and you had to blow up this car (so it was on fire) and chase it down this hill because if you didn't you'd be left in the dark and be killed :O So awesome but SO SCARY ;_; The graphics were amazing.

ANYWAY. Does anyone here play videogames?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play on and off between xbox and computer games. I love the mario brothers, rayman, sonic, and love playing role-playing games on computer. Right now I'm playing Baldur's gate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Baldur's Gate!! I played the second one, but I did very poorly
I wasn't very good at managing everyone
I used to play a lot of RPGs, but now I mostly just play those party games like Smash Bros.

edit: Oh yeah and Sims 2 :x *obsessed with that game*

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like adventure games and racing games, not shoot-em-up very much. Husband plays Gears of War on the 360, but I haven't watched him play since he really cranks up the sound! We have a Wii, too, that is fun. I'm aching to play the new Zelda game; just need a chunk of time; Husband wizzed through it but it takes me twice as long.

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do, but most of mine are Gameboy/DS games. I loves me some RPGs, plus Sonic and Mario. Right now I am addicted to the new Pokeman Pearl.

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by extinctosaurus

~snip~ Xbox360. ~snip~ The graphics were amazing.

ANYWAY. Does anyone here play videogames?
Nice to hear good things about ATI/AMD graphics chips
Cats are my passion making microchips is my hubby's passion.

We don't have that game for the kids as you say its too realistic. My daughter likes Kameo for the 360.

We played a computer game where you could do a spell and turn your friend into a Siamese cat, LOL It was a sort of Hogwarts school. I think it was called Keepsake.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Black&Tan

...My daughter likes Kameo for the 360...
How old is she? Our daughter (9) loves Viva Pinata right now; she liked the Star Wars Lego games, but only has liked gaming the last year or so. She received her first video game at two; it was Teletubbies, she was so not interested.

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

How old is she? Our daughter (9) loves Viva Pinata right now; she liked the Star Wars Lego games, but only has liked gaming the last year or so. She received her first video game at two; it was Teletubbies, she was so not interested.
She is a couple years older then yours. She likes Pinata too. We do neopets together, lol.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like video games, mainly the WW2 shooters like in the Call of Duty series. I also like empire/city building games like Civilization, Pharoah and Caeser III. I like some of the RTS games. My favorite game by far is Rome: Total War which combines the best of empire building with RTS battles.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have over 30 games for our 360! We have gears of War, but I haven't seen it. Scott said it was awesome though! I stick to the racing games and Tetris Evolution (still same old Tetris, you can choose different backgrounds). It can be addicting! I miss the Mario Brothers games!!! XBOX LIVE has old arcade games! They have pacman, paperboy, and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game!

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Essayons89 - I LOVE Caesar III, it's one of my favourite games ever. Unfortunately it doesn't run well on my Mac (I have OSX and it's Classic) but I'm thinking of setting up an older Mac with OS9 just to play C3. lol

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like RTS games too but I'm really terrible at them
I used to play Starcraft a lot, and Rise of Nations and the Age of Empires games. I played some Command & Conquer game with my brother before too but I did really poorly :x At work a lot of the coworkers play Call of Duty or Soldier of Fortune during break (I am not good at FPS)

Wow 30 Xbox360 games!!!! Jim and I only have old systems :| My favorite games are the Harvest Moon series (...) so I guess if a new one is released I'll have to pick up a newer system.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have a Nintendo Wii and only a few games for it. They are currently like $70 each, so its too expensive buy a bunch of games. I really like playing it. I have been playing Super Paper Mario and its pretty fun. I used to have a ps2, but after I got the Wii I didn't play it anymore so I sold it.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm a gamer girl, big time! (Fortunately, I've find myself a gamer boy, so we're happily geeky together.
) For Christmas one year we went together on an XBox (original XBox) and games ... We're very romantic that way. *cough, cough*

We still haven't bought the new XBox 360, 'cause we're saving up our pennies for the Wii -- we both like the physical aspect of it. We have a LOT of games for the original XBox. We also have a Sega Genesis, a Playstation 1 (not interested in the 2 or 3), various Nintendo systems, and, of course, a tricked-out computer bought with gaming in mind. (Seriously. We put the thing together based solely on this one criteria: Will it run Sims 2? Will it blow Sims 2 out of the water? It does. I'm such a geek.)

Right now we're hooked on World of Warcraft, and we're being VERY GOOD about sharing the account and making sure we both get plenty of playtime. (I know other couples who fight about it constantly -- one couple bought a second copy of the game and a new account just to stop the fighting!) We also have City of Heroes/City of Villains, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion *drool*, Sims 2 *drool* (must get Seasons ...) and a variety of other games. My big find, of which I am very proud: the original Final Fantasy game, that I can run on my craptastic laptop.

As you can see, I can talk about gaming for hours. Don't even get me started on live-action roleplay or tabletop games. I'm a geek.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do... Old school! I love Mario, Donkey Kong, and Sonic! As for playstation 2 and xbox games (we have both) I like... SRS, Midnight Club, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, etc! All racing games!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now we have a playstation 2. My boyfriend likes to play the fighting games,etc. I actually have the Sims pets game. So I can make a family and take care of them, and even their pets. It's kind of cool actually! LOL.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Right now we have a playstation 2. My boyfriend likes to play the fighting games,etc. I actually have the Sims pets game. So I can make a family and take care of them, and even their pets. It's kind of cool actually! LOL.
I want some of the sims games! I've played the sims game on ebaums world! those types of games are more my style! Video Games/Systems sure have become more clomplex since Nintendo days!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fiance and I both like playing games. I'm stuck at Super Nintendo, its my favorite! (Especially Donkey Kong Country and Mario). Patrick loves his XBox 360, he has several games but his current favorite is Oblivion, and its actually pretty fun to watch. He also like Call of Duty, but thats not as fun to sit and watch from the sidelines as Oblivion. I would like to play with him, but the darn controllers are way too complicated for me!!

We hope to get a Wii soon, it has a lot more of the games that I would enjoy playing.

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw cute, gamer couple hehe
Jim and I both play games but we usually like different ones. Both of us like MMOs though
but he gets bored of some of them pretty fast (short attention span). I used to play World of Warcraft on my dad's account!! I had a lvl 56 hunter or something like that.

The sim type games are my favorite now. But I think I spend more time making people and building houses/towns than actually playing the game.