Anyone feed Drs. Foster & Smith? Recall

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't see any other posts here about their recall. I haven't fed it myself, but I wanted to be sure anyone who does feed it knows that their Lite dry cat food has been recalled as precaution pending further testing. The information about the recall, including item numbers for recalled product, is on their website at the bottom of the page:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/general.cfm?gid=568

They have not changed the statement at the top of their page about not being involved in the wheat gluten recall, so you have to scroll down to see that their Lite cat and dog dry foods were recalled due to the rice protein concentrate.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is actually disturbing to me. They state they were just notified TODAY, April 25th! where have they been for the last week? They don't know where their ingredients come from?

They are obviously one of the Two pet food companies supplied by Wilber Ellis that has up to now refused to notify customers they purchase from Wilber Ellis.

One more undisclosed left....based on this one I am thinking the other one is a "big one" as well.

Shame on the FDA and FostersSmith for not notifying immediately.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the note .... I have put the link in the recall thread

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

This is actually disturbing to me. They state they were just notified TODAY, April 25th! where have they been for the last week? They don't know where their ingredients come from?

They are obviously one of the Two pet food companies supplied by Wilber Ellis that has up to now refused to notify customers they purchase from Wilber Ellis.

One more undisclosed left....based on this one I am thinking the other one is a "big one" as well.

Shame on the FDA and FostersSmith for not notifying immediately.
This is just what I was thinking. When I read the recall at another site, I actually remembered thinking: "If I thought to check my cat's food for RPC, why didn't they?" Should it really have taken a week? I understand they couldn't jump to any conclusions since so many animals are on their food...but a week?

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So this is the company who refused to admit they were one of the companies who recieved the poison shipment of rice.
this really makes me mad. At least NB came out right away and were very honest. I have no respect for this company.

I urge all of you in the US to write your congressman or congresswoman and urge them to ban all food imports from china. Not only is our safety and the safety of our pets at stake but the American Farmer is being run out of business by essentially slave labor in china. This just makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marishka

This is just what I was thinking. When I read the recall at another site, I actually remembered thinking: "If I thought to check my cat's food for RPC, why didn't they?" Should it really have taken a week? I understand they couldn't jump to any conclusions since so many animals are on their food...but a week?
Actually, they I think they should jump to conclusions for the very reason that so many animals are on their food. I have no respect for this company. I have more respect for a company like Natural Balance that does a voluntary recall as soon as they realize there is a problem with their food.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by touro1979

I urge all of you in the US to write your congressman or congresswoman and urge them to ban all food imports from china. Not only is our safety and the safety of our pets at stake but the American Farmer is being run out of business by essentially slave labor in china. This just makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!
What is crazy is that some American farmers are being paid to NOT use their crops to grow foods. Who comes out ahead in this situation, where US farmers aren't growing the crops we need, so we pay for cheap foreign imports, and look at what happens? Poisoned animals from pets to pigs...that's sickening.

sake&pennys dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by touro1979

So this is the company who refused to admit they were one of the companies who recieved the poison shipment of rice.
this really makes me mad. At least NB came out right away and were very honest. I have no respect for this company.

Concur
I've sent messages to ALL of my reps and governor. Don't forget to include local reps, city councils, mayor etc. Easy cut and paste your same message.
We need more people to do this. Elected officials will only get off the butts if enough people let them know there is a demand for action.