My wreck was a year ago...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, it's been a year since I drove Goldfender the van into a ditch next to a cemetery. (The one where Dad is buried and I have a plot.
) I am doing better. Don't have the chronic back pain, but I never know how I am going to feel from one day to the next and can't stand long or walk very far. At least my computer chair is comfy.

Sometimes I hate leaving my comfort zone at home. If I didn't have to do the grocery shopping or participate in my lapidary society's activities, I doubt I'd leave home at all. (At least the other society members realized how much Mom and I do and have eased the burden. )

I missed being on TCS while I was recouperating. I missed hearing about all your kitties' antics. I missed the teasing and the joking. I am so glad to be a member of this online community.

Oh, and thanks for putting up with my whining when I don't feel well.

All together now!!

BIG GROUP HUG!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We missed you while you were gone, too! Just think how "clean" TCS was while you were gone!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from here too Jan. TCS mustva been awfully dull without the Queen.... who was in charge of the Gutter while you were gone???

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how difficult it is to leave your comfort zone! I'm doing that now with my new job. I hope that each day sees you feeling better and better because where would we be without you!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww hon you had me laughing my butt off with that first sentence. I love the way you tell a story!!! / All funniness aside though- i'm sooo glad you're ok and back to posting!!!
We missed you!!!
Hopefully you'll be back 100% soon

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't here when it happened, but I am glad that you are still around and here at TCS so I could 'meet' you, even if that meeting were only online

I understand about the whole comfort zone thing. I have had times when I've been in physical pain and unable to do much, combined with a slight difficulty in dealing with face to face social situations, so you definitely have my understanding in that regard.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Jan, I remember that and we were oh so very worried about you!! I am so glad you are past the chronic pain!
Glad to hear that your pain has eased up a bit.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww! It was awful quiet while you were gone. Were you trying to get underground early Jan? There's no chocolate down there ya know! But seriously, I'm glad that's mostly behind you!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am also glad to hear that the pain has gotten better.
I really understand, if it was not for work and getting food. I doubt i would ever leave the house.

i was walking around at work monday and my back sent a jolt of pain down my legs, that cause me to flat on my face(dont worry i am still ugly. so it did no damange)

I dont know about you, but sometimes i feel so depressed over the stuff since the back issue started.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i am also glad to hear that the pain has gotten better.
I really understand, if it was not for work and getting food. I doubt i would ever leave the house.

i was walking around at work monday and my back sent a jolt of pain down my legs, that cause me to flat on my face(dont worry i am still ugly. so it did no damange)

I dont know about you, but sometimes i feel so depressed over the stuff since the back issue started.
Sorry to hear about your fall, Bruce. I fell 4 times last July and August and that didn't help the healing process. Not to mention it's hard for me to get up! (Without the use of heavy equipment. Not everyone has a derrick handy.
)

I recently realized one result of the wreck is that I am more afraid to drive at night. That's when it happened. I do drive at night, I just don't like it.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We were so worried when we didn't hear from you and then to hear about the accident.... So glad you are back with us.