Finally! We're moving!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The repair work (to walls and ceilings) is done and the house is painted.

The carpeting is being deep steam cleaned throughout the house tomorrow.

The bathroom tile and grout is being done Friday, along with power washing the outside of the house and roof. The kitchen and bathrooms are being sterilized Friday.

Mold remediation (basement problem only, thank god) estimates are all in as of tomorrow, and it looks like the work will be done next week.

New carpeting in the master bedroom is being installed Saturday.

People to provide estimates for new kitchen cabinets are coming to the house Friday and Saturday.

About 1/3 of our stuff is packed - but it's the breakable stuff. The rest should go pretty quickly.

We're renting a truck as of Thursday. We'll pack it Thursday and drive the first load over Friday, and unpack it while the bathrooms and kitchen are cleaned. We'll pack it again Friday night, and unpack Saturday while the carpet in the bedroom is installed.

We can't move some of the furniture ourselves. Thankfully friends own a furniture store, and we're renting their moving truck along with paying directly the two delivery guys to help us with the large stuff. There is NO WAY we could afford the $3,500 - $4,500 estimates we received for moving our furniture!

We were off in our estimates of when we'd be able to move, so the phones are being switched tomorrow.
So I'll be without internet and phones here until we're finally moved in - which probably won't be until Monday.

You've all provided so many good wishes and support along the way - but we're finally down to it!

to all,

Laurie

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fingers are crossed for you to have a stress free and easy move!!!! Good luck my friend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know the landlord is paying for all of this - but I still think we should get like a free month's rent for acting as general contractors!

Laurie

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I know the landlord is paying for all of this - but I still think we should get like a free month's rent for acting as general contractors!

Laurie
How about hazard pay for moving all the furbabies?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Light at the end of the tunnel, eh, Laurie? Congratulations!
I hope everything goes smoothly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Finally! Hope it goes smoothly for you and Gary. Do you have his Mom boxed up in the meantime?
You cannot believe how many boxes we have now that we cannot stack!
They all say "FRAGILE - NO BOX ON TOP." Should make moving VERY interesting!

Well - I'm about to sign off until sometime next week! My god - no phones or internet through at least the weekend! Unthinkable!!!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes!

to all!

Laurie

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

You cannot believe how many boxes we have now that we cannot stack!
They all say "FRAGILE - NO BOX ON TOP." Should make moving VERY interesting!

Well - I'm about to sign off until sometime next week! My god - no phones or internet through at least the weekend! Unthinkable!!!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes!

to all!

Laurie
Once again....GOOD LUCK!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you finally get to move! Im moving this weekend myself! I can't wait to get it over and done with! This is my fourth move in a year!