Scratch is trying to drive me crazy...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning I clean out the litter boxes (we have three) and right after I'm done, giving them a little shake Scratch does it. He'll waltz in and pee a little bit in every box. He looks up at me with his big yellow eyes and smiles at me.

I can't get mad at him, because of the cuteness factor, but honestly! Every box? Every time?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I can't get mad at him, because of the cuteness factor, but honestly! Every box? Every time?
Yup - just letting everyboby know that they are his!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he's quality controlling them lol

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oz likes to sit and wait while J cleans them, and as soon as J's done, Oz hops in and "reclaims" them. I think he just wants to make sure Spike knows who really owns everything in our home ...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel your frustration.

Mojo is VERY protective of the litterboxes. She doesn't like her "stuff" removed. She's gone so far as laying down in the dirty box so I can't scoop.
But she doesn't just piddle in each box...oh no...she has to poo in the box, and her preference is to get in the box before I'm actually finished scooping to hinder me from doing it.
Especially when I'm still bent over the box and it's uncovered. And that little girl can peel paint off the walls!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I feel your frustration.

Mojo is VERY protective of the litterboxes. She doesn't like her "stuff" removed. She's gone so far as laying down in the dirty box so I can't scoop.
But she doesn't just piddle in each box...oh no...she has to poo in the box, and her preference is to get in the box before I'm actually finished scooping to hinder me from doing it.
Especially when I'm still bent over the box and it's uncovered. And that little girl can peel paint off the walls!
Funny thing!

Stumpy generally tries to climb in while we're scooping, so we scoop a bit of one box, she jumps in, so we move to the second box, she changes, so go back and finish the first one until she jumps in then finish the second one

At least Stumpy or Smudge will christen it when it's clean. And smudge always has her bum in, and her front paws up on the edge of the litterbox and stares up at you with a big kitty smile.

Crazy critters

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten Starbuck is a pain in the but when I am scooping out my 3 litterboxes. She does not like it when I scoop the litterboxes. She jumps in each box while I am trying to scoop it and starts kicking litter at me. She also has to go to the bathroom in each box while I am scooping it. Last week she just missed pooping on my hand. After I am done she has to the bathroom in all three litterboxes again. I buy the big plastic containers of litter and if I do not keep the lids on them Starbuck thinks it is an extra litterbox for her.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine do it too! i even go back and re-scoop after one goes poo, and then here comes another one....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Both my cats immediately have to use the new litter after I changed it. What is it about cats and they're not liking clean litter?
That's what all if mine do- they wait until right after i put the new litter in to stink it up to the high heavens

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to see it as a sign of appreciation for cleaning the box..."look ma, no hands"
Bella wants into any box I'm in front of whether I'm about to clean it or I've already cleaned it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if it happens more in a multi cat household? They don't like stepping through the other kitties busines, so get very excited when it's all fresh and clean?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine fight over who gets into the clean litter box first.
of course heyu likes to spend 20 min in new box

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny! At our house, my mom finishes cleaning out the box and they got right back in there. They supervise her to make sure she is doing it correctly and then they go in.