Hubby just called me......

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
......both boys screaming in the background. What does he expect me to do? I'm at work. Hearing them screaming just makes me feel like a horrible mother because I can't be there. I asked if he wanted me to come home - he said no, that I have to work. But he makes me feel so guilty about it. Kevin (my 2 year old) was screaming so much that he threw up. John put him on the phone with me and he just started crying harder because mommy wasn't there to hold him and make it all better. Hubby was so frustrated with the boys he said he swore at Kevin. I feel like crying. I know my hubby is under alot of stress right now with his dad and helping him move on from my MIL death, but what does he expect me to do?

Sorry for the rant, but I have no one else to talk to.

Thanks, going to the bathroom now to wipe my eyes and blow my nose!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and virtual hot chocolate (with marshmallows and sprinkles, of course).

I honestly don't know how parents do it, especially mothers (not because I happen to believe that mothers should stay home with their children, but because I know that a large chunk of society still does believe that). I don't have any advice, but I can give you positive vibes and virtual hugs/hot chocolate/alcoholic beverages.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big hug to you.

It sounds like hubby is having problems coping. Might be an idea to sit down and talk to him and see if the two of you can come up with ways to alleviate his stress, so he can be a more patient and happier daddy.

Im sure you cant wait to get home to give your kids a big hug!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is tough being a working Mother, I expect the boys will have forgotten all about it by the time you get home. I'm sorry your husband is having a hard time right now, he must be upset at loosing his Mom and trying to cope with his Dads grief, and they don't call them 'the terrible twos' for nothing.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

It is tough being a working Mother, I expect the boys will have forgotten all about it by the time you get home. I'm sorry your husband is having a hard time right now, he must be upset at loosing his Mom and trying to cope with his Dads grief, and they don't call them 'the terrible twos' for nothing.
It's major transition time for all of you. And the kids are at those ages where they do NOT want daddy when they want mommy!

Hang in there, sweetie. You have a wonderful hubby - he's just not totally himself yet after his mom's passing. The transition to mommy working is going to be a little rougher than it would normally be given the circumstances - but you'll all survive, and don't you feel guilty! You're doing the right thing for all of you. Your boys will learn that daddy can be mommy, and they'll learn that mommies have lives too. They don't understand that now, but they'll grow up to be more caring boys for having had the relationship with daddy that they're having, and they'll respect working women rather than being challenged by them.

Just try to remember that even though it is tough now, you are doing the right thing for all of you.

Laurie

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww cheer up sweetie! Hang in there! Mommy can't always save the day, I know he is stressed but this could be a could learning experience for him! Im sorry for all of your stress and worry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyboby. Your kind words do help. John has just been under so much stress and he has been having health problems that he just won't get checked out! He is beginning to crack under the pressure and he won't let me help him. He feels he has to be a macho man and do it all himself. He is the type that thinks it shows weakness to get help for emotional problems. I can't seem to convince him otherwise. It was the way he was raised.

Thanks to everyone for your support. He just called back and everyone is doing better - they went to the mall and are currently having ice cream - all is right with the world when my boys have ice cream. Now I want ice cream!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola Addy....
sorry for hubby...
but He must to find his way and solute this!
you can vent anyway that you want it here,
you to know!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending many vibes to everyone, especially to your hubby! Sounds like he is reading to crack.