Its it okay to do this?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so my best friend is getting married. Small wedding has kinda turned bigger than expected. So I have to get a dress and a hair appointment by the 12th. That is fine but here is the dilemma. She asked me to go with her to her hair dresser that day. I don't mind going with her but I don't want that lady doing my hair. I am really funny about who does my hair ever since the lady butchered me 2 years ago. It took 6 months to grow it out long enough to get it fixed by my regular lady. I feel bad about it but I told her I would rather my lady do it since that whole thing happened. She hasn't texted back yet.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Ok so my best friend is getting married. Small wedding has kinda turned bigger than expected. So I have to get a dress and a hair appointment by the 12th. That is fine but here is the dilemma. She asked me to go with her to her hair dresser that day. I don't mind going with her but I don't want that lady doing my hair. I am really funny about who does my hair ever since the lady butchered me 2 years ago. It took 6 months to grow it out long enough to get it fixed by my regular lady. I feel bad about it but I told her I would rather my lady do it since that whole thing happened. She hasn't texted back yet.
If one of my brides maids asked to get their own hair done at their own salon I'd be fine with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the only one. I just have issues with stylists!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

If she knows you well enough then I don't think it will be an issue.
absolutely agree. Obviously she knows you well (hence you being a bridesmaid) so there really shouldnt be a problem

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good. I just wanted some other opinions on this. I know I wouldn't care who did the brides maids hair and I know people are picky about who does it. I haven't even been able to call for an appt. so I may not be able to get in with er.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just explain to her that you have bad luck with sylists and now you have found a good one, you'd feel better going to the one you are happy with, so you can look your best on her special day.

If she has issues about matching styles or wants her bridesmaids to have a certain style, ask her what it is she wants/agree on a style so there are no surprises for her.

Good luck! Im sure you will look lovely!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You want to look and feel your best to help her celebrate her big day. If you explain it that way she should be fine. Of course you are right to stick with your own stylist. Or can you comprise and get it cut a few days before at your place and get her lady just to do an up-do or something the day of?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know some brides that would be mad about this. It's their day and they want things done their way. Maybe she is concerned about time and is more comfortable knowing where everyone is.

I personally wouldn't care.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you are right about the time thing. But she is my best friend and she knows I woldn't miss her wedding for anyhting in the worl. I made my appointment for 11 am and the wedding isn't until 6 pm. That way I will be able to go with her to her appt. (if it isn't at the same time)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am the only one. I just have issues with stylists!
Oh I TOTALLY have issues w/ stylists too- I will only go to mine back home- I don't trust anyone else. She should be okay with it- besides, she should wnat you to feel and look good on the wedding day, its your hair!
I'd just make sure your appt. is early enough in the day that you can still go w/ her to her appointment and won't msis anything that she needs you for

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't see a problem with you prefering to go to your own stylist you know so long as you are paying for it which i'm assuming you are
did she want everyone's hair to look alike though? some brides do that- so that might have upset her- if that's the case, just take a picture with you to your stylist of what it's supposed to look like. other than that- i see nothing wrong with you wanting to go with someone you're comfortable with

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok my appt. is at 9 hers for her and the girl (her daughter and another little girl) is at 10 so we should be ok.

Oh and she said she was fine with it i just talked to her about 20 minutes ago.
i am releived!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good deal!! I know how you feel about the hair thing...By the time Ive talked myself into getting a hair cut its like 3-4 mths past when I should have gotten one but the girl I go to understands and knows its going to take me like 2 hrs or more cuz she has to take off a 1/4 inch at a time so I dont freak...But I always end up with so many split ends by the time I get there that I end up losing like 2 in. I should have learned by now whats going to happen but the last time someone messed up my hair I cried for 2 days and wouldnt go anywhere for like 2 mths till it started growing out...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went on my b-day to a new lady and I asked the lady to cut the layers a *little* shorter than normal so it would take a little longer to grow out. Yeah um the top layer was like and inch. It should have been like 5 or 6!!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go where YOU feel comfortable. Remember, it is your hair, not your friend's. You will have to look and live with it, not her. If she can't understand that, then I don't think she is a really good friend.