Top Cat
Purraise
Step 1 find a nice big dog park

Step 2 bring along her favourite Basset Hound

Step 3 Add a cute puggle puppy

Step 4 add a lab and a Collie

Step 5 let them go for a swim in the lake in the dog park

Step 6 give it time..

Yup sure enough My husky dog is SO tired she barely made it up the stairs.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you take them to the Prior Lake park? We just had our Lab Fest over there 2 weeks ago - took Keno. Was about a dozan labs playing in and around the water with the occasional non-lab in the fenced in part.

She won (for the 2nd time) the cleanest lab award as she doesn't like swimming - she only would step in the water a little. Charlie (the lab) won (2nd time) the dirtiest lab in the group

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Did you take them to the Prior Lake park? We just had our Lab Fest over there 2 weeks ago - took Keno. Was about a dozan labs playing in and around the water with the occasional non-lab in the fenced in part.

She won (for the 2nd time) the cleanest lab award as she doesn't like swimming - she only would step in the water a little. Charlie (the lab) won (2nd time) the dirtiest lab in the group
nope theres one just up the road from us. called woodridge or wood view? something like that its on larpenture near linders

lol isis got herself FILTHY but thats ok she had fun and is still sleeping

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nunuk is a Malamute X, he plays at the dog park for a minimum of 2 hours a day to tire him out. He's 112lbs and his 'girlfriend' is a Maltese, he lays on his back rolling around while she jumps all over him

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Nunuk is a Malamute X, he plays at the dog park for a minimum of 2 hours a day to tire him out. He's 112lbs and his 'girlfriend' is a Maltese, he lays on his back rolling around while she jumps all over him
AWWWWWWWWWWW lol

Yes Isis made BEST buddies with her Puggle friend

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man, I hate the boonies. I want a dog park!

Are the lakes warm at all? I thought about taking my two swimming, but worry about my bigger girl's joints & cold water. They freeze up if the water's too cold.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are warmish i wouldnt say very warm. but huskys got the double coat so we dont worry to much.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a Lab with a Lab coat & a lab/GSP with a GSP(thin) coat. The Lab/GSP is the one I worry 'bout with ther joints. Maybe we'll wait awhile yet....despite their complaints!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I would. LOL only reason i let the husky dog do her thig is because of her double coat....and..well whos to stop her anyways lol the hound looked at her like she was nuts

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Would love to see a photo of this

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WCL - we travelled 2 hrs from SW MN to go to Prior Lake's Lab Fest - let me know if you are interested in the next one (not sure when they will set something up - maybe later this summer).

I don't know how cold the water was - the dogs didn't seem to mind, but you might want to wait for the one if there's a joint problem and cold water.