Kojak- it is not nice to steal meowmy's guitar pic!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear my kitten is a little klepto! He is ALWAYS stealing things! Today he's found a new favorite- my favorite guitar pics!!!!
I was sitting here trying to play my guitar a bit when i got up to go get something to drink. I really should have known better, but when i got up, i sat my pic down. When i came back into the room, i found Kojak rolling around in the floor with something purple in his mouth. He was having a hayday trying to "kill" his new found prize. That's when i looked over on the side table and saw my guitar pic had magically disappeared
into Kojak's mouth that is
He is such a klepto!!! Anyone else have a guitar pic lovin kitty?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. But you should know by now, if it is movable, Kojak will steal it!
Maybe Klepto is more fitting than Kojack?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

No. But you should know by now, if it is movable, Kojak will steal it!
Maybe Klepto is more fitting than Kojack?
I guess we should give him Klepto as his middle name!
It's aweful- if it's not nailed down he will steal it!!!! Even dog toys twice his size

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Now you just have to teach Kojak how to play!!
Oh my goodness- if he so much as raises a paw to touch my guitar, i will banish him far far away
Touching meowmy's guitar is a big nono around here
lol...he's lucky he just got the pic. But i try to prevent ANYONE from messing with my guitar- if i have to get up at all- i put it back in the hard case and close it- that thing is my baby!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I swear my kitten is a little klepto! He is ALWAYS stealing things! Today he's found a new favorite- my favorite guitar pics!!!!
I was sitting here trying to play my guitar a bit when i got up to go get something to drink. I really should have known better, but when i got up, i sat my pic down. When i came back into the room, i found Kojak rolling around in the floor with something purple in his mouth. He was having a hayday trying to "kill" his new found prize. That's when i looked over on the side table and saw my guitar pic had magically disappeared
into Kojak's mouth that is
He is such a klepto!!! Anyone else have a guitar pic lovin kitty?
I use really thick picks when playin because Bo will take off with them. When I use thin ones he chews em up

What kinda guitar you got?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I use really thick picks when playin because Bo will take off with them. When I use thin ones he chews em up

What kinda guitar you got?
A Martin DXI Roadseries, Mahg. dread. with a spruce top!
I LOVE it!!! Here's some http://www.mguitar.com/guitars/choos...php?p=m&m=DX1R links http://www.martinmusic.com/MARTINGTRPG.htm it's on the top row on the right hand side. I LOVE this one- it's my favorite guitar. If i were rich though- i REALLY REALLY REALLY want a Hummingbird
Those are freaking awesome! I play the model they have at our Guitar Center every time i go in there
A girl can dream right! What pics do you use??? I use Tortex and Dunlop. My favorite are the thinner powdered ones- The Violet Gator Grip .96mm ones are my fav! They're simple and they're good!
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...products/picks I have several different gauges but that ones my favorite. Apparently it's Kojak's too

Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I had to start locking up my toothbrush because a little furry somone was borrowing it. I went through 8 toothbrushes in a 2 week period.
That is hilarious!!!! Hehe glad Kojak hasn't stolen mine yet
He does have his own though (all the furbabies get their teeth brushed
) so maybe that's why

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Kojak! You'll start to make Meowmy ask why she kept you
omg! NEVER- he's my little baby!!!
I don't care what he does -hehe at the end of the day all he has to do is give me kisses and snuggle and we're all good. He's sitting on my chest right now grooming himself- it's soo cute! everytime he licks his paws he sticks his tounge ALL the way out and is just soo goofy! He's just such a Klepto it's not even funny though- he's always stealing everything
I don't know what's with him- i didn't raise him to be a theif
He is really cute though, so i suppose i can forgive him for the guitar pic thing

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm maybe he was expressing his thoughts on your ability with the guitar?
hehe i dont know if that true, but just a idea.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm maybe he was expressing his thoughts on your ability with the guitar?
hehe i dont know if that true, but just a idea.
No, i think he just wanted to steal the pretty purple guitar pic

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

well, in that case, its a good thing you dont have a purple guitar
omg! no seriously- if he touched my guitar, he'd be toast! nobody is allowed to touch my guitar but me
he did however steal colin's badge a minute ago when he came home and was changing out of his uniform
He couldn't even lift it all the way off the dresser (it's acutally a little heavy) it was funny

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

omg! no seriously- if he touched my guitar, he'd be toast! nobody is allowed to touch my guitar but me
:
i used to be the same way. i still have 3 that i dont play anymore.
but i cant bring my self to sell them.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 guitars here.
Mine is an ESP Black Cherry Viper, Reggie has an Ovation acoustic electric and an Ibanez electric.
He uses the same picks that you use but I use heavy pick boys. I used to play bass and got used to the thicker ones. When I do have to use Reggie's Dunlops, I feel like I'm gonna break it

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to keep my guitars in my closet and keep the door closed so the kitties couldn't get to them but now that I have a double neck, I don't have any room. My kitties don't steal my picks but every time I leave one of my guitars out, they seem to look at it suspiciously.

Right now I have an Ibanez RG1570 (the first guitar I ever got), an Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci signature 7 string, a Gibson G-1275 double neck, and an Ibanez AEG8 acoustic/electric guitar.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow- a lot of ya'll have some really NICE guitars!!!
Oh and great news- Kojak watied until AFTER i put my contacts in this morning to steal my contact case
Good boy!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a fingerpicker, myself, and I prefer my old classical I've had since high school... it was an okay guitar when we bought it in 1971, but it's mellowed into a really nice, deep sound that works well with my voice, which is also low.

I also have a Sigma, the cheaper Korean-built version of a Martin, but it's been living at my brother's house for so long that I don't even remember the model!
It's a steel-string, and I just feel more comfortable with my classical.

The guitar my brother and I both learned on is my father's 1957 Gibson sunburst. We all love that old guitar like family.
We also have a couple others, Alvarez, Ibanez... and a big old black-and-silver hollowbody f-hole electric '50s Silvertone that my father refitted into a 12-string about 35 years ago. It has a very jangly sound, of course, but it looks SO very cool just hanging on the wall!

My brother built himself a guitar some years ago, and it's a thing of beauty! But once he started actually making his living as a musician, he wanted some varying sounds, extras to keep in custom tuning, etc., so he started acquiring guitars. Now he has a Larivee that's got just a fabulous resonance, a vintage Strat (though he rarely plays electric), and not one but two Taylors! And he's a great, great acoustic player... he does those guitars full justice.

But I have a friend who lives up north who has been a professional musician off and on ever since college, and also has his own business as a day job, and he's been very fortunate... he has a bit of money. When I met him ten years ago, he had 23 guitars (many vintage). Over the years, he has bought and sold and traded all over the world... and last time I asked, he was up to 76! He likes to pick one up every day and just see what comes out of it... and he can do that without repeating for two-and-a-half months!