KatKwiz #26 - Special International Day!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do I need to provide the clicks? You didnt ask that?
CLICK1: Search (Type in ANZAC)
CLICK2: Search Now
CLICK3: Top of the list is Katkwiz #25 go to the end of the thread and read the last few threads going from end to beginning until you find MissyMotus post in where she says "It's not just in Sydney, and it's not exactly a "holiday". Holiday implies a celebration which ANZAC day certainly is not."

So Missymotus is the last person to use the term ANZAC...next to Persi and Alley of course!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll say Missymotus.

And i'm in and from Australia
but i NEVER win these quizzes!!!

*charlie, jasmine, timmy and cleo stare intensly at persi&alleys shoes and wonder if they are good to chew on*

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping the questions become a little more thoughtful and respectful to the day. I would have thought something along the lines of "What does ANZAC stand for?" could perhaps provide some interesting education for the non-Aussie/NZ members here.

I really feel that the first Kwiz question makes light of what is a very important and sombre day for us. I'm sure you mean well Persi & Alley, but I suppose we just have a different way of doing things here, eg most shops/businesses are completely closed, a vast contrast to the Memorial Day sales one sees in the US.

The Spirit of ANZAC is invincible. It is the flame that burns forevermore in the heart of every true Australian and New Zealander. Today we stand safe and free, clothed with all the privileges and rights of citizens in these great free countries. And all these things - liberty, security, opportunity, the privileges of citizenship - we owe to those men who fought, endured, suffered, and died for us and for their country. Their deeds and their sacrifices gave us the invincible, the intangible, the Spirit of ANZAC.
from http://anzacday.org.au/spirit/spirit2.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I'm hoping the questions become a little more thoughtful and respectful to the day. I would have thought something along the lines of "What does ANZAC stand for?" could perhaps provide some interesting education for the non-Aussie/NZ members here.

I really feel that the first Kwiz question makes light of what is a very important and sombre day for us. I'm sure you mean well Persi & Alley, but I suppose we just have a different way of doing things here, eg most shops/businesses are completely closed, a vast contrast to the Memorial Day sales one sees in the US.

The Spirit of ANZAC is invincible. It is the flame that burns forevermore in the heart of every true Australian and New Zealander. Today we stand safe and free, clothed with all the privileges and rights of citizens in these great free countries. And all these things - liberty, security, opportunity, the privileges of citizenship - we owe to those men who fought, endured, suffered, and died for us and for their country. Their deeds and their sacrifices gave us the invincible, the intangible, the Spirit of ANZAC. from http://anzacday.org.au/spirit/spirit2.html
Here is the very last posting on The Cat Site from an Aussie to talk about Anzac Day:

Gravy?????? for breakfast??? wow is mash potatoes included
!

I want to make my tradition also.. but for christmas and make up my own thanksgiving?
If i have this xmas with my bf then im going to bake and cook and make a big thing out of it...

I know in australia We celebrate Anzac day and we make yummmyyy bikkies and its celebrated in new zeland too. Its to remember the people in the war.

This is where I got the word celebrate from. From your countryman. I also did provide an educational link to Wikipedia for our members to read about Anzac Day, giving the same information you quote above. Since I have somehow totally unintentionally offended one of our members by running an International Day contest, I will say that I am sorry and I will not run any International Day contests in the future.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

Do I need to provide the clicks? You didnt ask that?
CLICK1: Search (Type in ANZAC)
CLICK2: Search Now
CLICK3: Top of the list is Katkwiz #25 go to the end of the thread and read the last few threads going from end to beginning until you find MissyMotus post in where she says "It's not just in Sydney, and it's not exactly a "holiday". Holiday implies a celebration which ANZAC day certainly is not."

So Missymotus is the last person to use the term ANZAC...next to Persi and Alley of course!
Well, you are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day!

Yes, you must always supply the clicks! Suppose it had taken you 15 clicks to get that answer? Members: please read the rules before you play. Just click on the link below the siggy.

Well, either the questions are getting easier or people are getting better at using The Cat Site.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I'll say Missymotus.

And i'm in and from Australia
but i NEVER win these quizzes!!!

*charlie, jasmine, timmy and cleo stare intensly at persi&alleys shoes and wonder if they are good to chew on*
Persi & Alley WANTED to give away 1000 points. Honestly!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~How can I NOT get better as using the site? I LIVE on this board 20 hours of the day haha~ Thanks for the points! They help me send teddys and paci's to the NEW KITTY moms of the board~