I've had it with DHL...

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm at the point now where if I order anything online and the company, store, or person uses DHL, I'm passing.

I was supposed to get a package yesterday that wasn't delivered for an unknown reason. I was given a lame excuse about my house being so far away from the local facility that they were delayed. If my distance away is an excuse then the date of scheduled delivery in the tracking and on the website when you inquire about transit times should change to reflect that. I was supposed to get the package today, and by mid afternoon the tracking still hadn't updated and I wanted to know where the package was. I called customer service and was told by a rep that there were no drivers left and they might not be able to get to me today. They had a supervisor call me and I was told that I'd have the package by 5:00...5:00 came and went and still no package. I updated the tracking to find that they were unable to find my house! I called the local facility to confirm, and sure enough, they had difficult finding my house. I love on a very main road right on the edge of that road and on the corner of another road..you can't miss me! So now apparently they are going to try again tomorrow.

Had this been the first time they've screwed up with me I'd let it go, but it isn't. For starters, they don't use official trucks in my area. They have other "couriers" deliver packages in my area, so you never know WHO has your package. The last time I ordered something that came through DHL it was a large shipment and they actually split it up between two couriers. One half came at noon and the other half came at almost 4. They've also been late many times before, in fact I think only one other time have they ever delivered on the date promised. My first experience with them, they actually lost a HUGE box (it was a set of drums) for 3 weeks. I ordered it before I got married because I figured it would show up before then (the item was in stock and I was getting married in 2 weeks). I came home from my honeymoon to find it sitting in my driveway and it had been there for 2 days, in plain sight, with the contents written all over the box.

I don't know how many people have DHL in their area but they are the most worthless delivery company of encountered. I know that UPS and Fedex make mistakes too, but they take it to a whole new level. Their slogan should be "WHEN WE FEEL LIKE IT, IF WE CAN FIND YOU, AND BY WHOEVER WE DRAW STRAWS TO DELIVER TO YOU".

I swear if the pile of garbage I'm getting exposed to this week gets any bigger I'm going to drown in it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people hate DHL.
I had problems with them being many days late. I finally had it after an order of crickets, which said on the box "LIVE ORDER deliver by____", it was 11 days past the deliver by date when I got it. Needless to say the crickets were dead.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever our business orders anything, we explicitly say that it must be shipped via UPS or Speedy Delivery. No DHL here!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I'm at the point now where if I order anything online and the company, store, or person uses DHL, I'm passing.
After three months of seeing DH, I finally figured it out (actually, I finally asked and somebody told me.) But I'm not gonna give in on DHL, it must mean Darling Husband's Lover!!!

fiftyfour

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I'd slap DHL for you if I could. My bf and I order a lot of things online, but we rarely have had DHL deliveries.

Me personally, I HATE the US Postal Service. They have a worthless tracking system and a worthless "insurance" policy.

I've seen UPS make a lot of mistakes, but at least they admit to it and reimburse you quickly if they lose/damage something.

Haven't had a lot of experience with Fedex, but they seem pretty quick.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FiftyFour

Oh wow, I'd slap DHL for you if I could. My bf and I order a lot of things online, but we rarely have had DHL deliveries.

Me personally, I HATE the US Postal Service. They have a worthless tracking system and a worthless "insurance" policy.

I've seen UPS make a lot of mistakes, but at least they admit to it and reimburse you quickly if they lose/damage something.

Haven't had a lot of experience with Fedex, but they seem pretty quick.
You probably have rare DHL deliveries because they drop it off at the Post Office if they are running late or can't find the address. True!!
Hate the US postal service...just don't hate your carrier!
We have to hear about the worthless tracking system and the worthless insurance policy and we're just the donkeys that haul it. Like I told the guy today that asked me if his million dollar check was here..(HaHa, never heard THAT one before!) I just look at where it's going not where it came from. Sorry, this is coming off as a rant and I really don't meant it to be that way. On a lighter note...I love my UPS guy! After a couple of problems, not his fault..we live in a weird place. (House is on one road but address is the highway
) He has done splendidly and is a sweet cheerful man!