~Thunderstorms~

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are under tornado watches.........and they are saying hail, strong damaging winds......please say a little prayer for us, that nothing SEVERE hits!

Is it doing anything where you live?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing today, though we had bad storms last night and are supposed to have more the rest of the week. It's funny, living in the basement I didn't even know it was raining last night until I had to go outside for something and it was POURING!

Stay safe and I hope your storms pass quickly!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, if you see me running into the house that means a tornado is coming (I LOVE watching storms)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theres nothing here today but yesterday we were under severe thunderstorm warnings. We didn't end up getting anything except rain but my parents had bad winds and stuff about half an hour away. Apparently a big piece of metal fell on their roof.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, we actually had a funnel cloud not too far from here, had to get all of the kids into the hall in the 'turtle' position. no tornado came here, tho. right now it's thundering & raining like mad. i'll have to go home soon, i guess. i thought if i waited it might let up a bit...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
goodness! stay safe hon!
i'd have those carriers ready to put your kitties in if it gets much worse. Right now it's in the 80's here (around 85 i guess?) and it's really overcast with a chance of precip. It looks kinda dreary outside. Stay safe hon!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

We are under tornado watches.........and they are saying hail, strong damaging winds......please say a little prayer for us, that nothing SEVERE hits!

Is it doing anything where you live?
How did you know we were having thunderstorms?

Where I live, nobody uses their garage, they park their cars in the streets and put junk in their garage. DW says this is very interesting that people value their junk more than their cars! Last week we had a hail storm and I just pulled into my garage with my new Porsche when the hail started coming down. I offered a thankful prayer that I had not got home a few minutes later. I can now go out and look in the street in front of my house and see many severely damaged cars. All because the junk in their garage was worth more than their car!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

goodness! stay safe hon!
i'd have those carriers ready to put your kitties in if it gets much worse. Right now it's in the 80's here (around 85 i guess?) and it's really overcast with a chance of precip. It looks kinda dreary outside. Stay safe hon!
i'm not even home. & we don't leave when tornadoes come - we go in the bathroom! but i'm leaving school to go home, now. i don't think it's gonna get any better any time soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far its just been raining, thunder and lightning......I had the 'puter shut off while it was storming(lights went out) now that its passed(a bit) I am back on!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to get storms tonight too- but we never end up gettin them, so we'll see!

Stay safe!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

How did you know we were having thunderstorms?

Where I live, nobody uses their garage, they park their cars in the streets and put junk in their garage. DW says this is very interesting that people value their junk more than their cars! Last week we had a hail storm and I just pulled into my garage with my new Porsche when the hail started coming down. I offered a thankful prayer that I had not got home a few minutes later. I can now go out and look in the street in front of my house and see many severely damaged cars. All because the junk in their garage was worth more than their car!!
That really annoys me! If their junk is so valuble why not just put it in storage? I just don't get people somtimes...when I get my own house it will have a garage just so I can protect my car from everything and anything.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, we had a tornado warning and some severe thunderstorm warnings, but most of it was a few counties south of me. We are expecting to have more storms on Thursday. I love good thunderstorm weather. Please stay safe

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, we are in the midst of tornado season. This past weekend was the aniversary of two of the worst tornados this area has ever experienced. April 21, 1967 - Oak Lawn, IL., 33 dead; and April 21, 2004 - Utica Il., 8 dead. The 1990 Plainfield, IL. tornado skipped the April 21st date, hitting in August, and killed 26 I believe. I saw that one as it happened from the next town over.

Tom Skilling's (WGN TV Meteorologist/TV weatherman) Severe Weather Seminar was also a few days ago, on the anniversary date, April 21st. We often attend as we did this year. It's all about tornados, hurricanes, lightning, etc. Some of the world's best meteorologists attend and make presentations. Tornados can get very nasty. Be aware, and be prepared.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss thunderstorms and, well, weather! We used to go out in all kinds of weather just to feel the energy.

We rarely get thunder or lightning here in Portland. Maybe one or two rumbles a year, if that. Just 15 different types of rain!
I think it must be kind of like the UK here?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, no tornadoes came anywhere near me... lotsa rain &
tho! my folks had a leak in the roof & part of their ceiling caved in
but my house did just fine

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It rained a little here but no thunderstorm warnings, watches, etc! I hope everything goes ok! In wisconsin (where I am) tornado season doesnt hit until around June!