Ginger was a naughty girl this morning

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She woke me up not once, but twice in the last two hours before my alarm was due to go off by scratching on the luggage that I keep my PartyLite demo stuff in.

She knows darn well that this is a no-no, but she does it anyway, completely disregarding the scratching post that is right next to the suitcases.

I woke up hissing, both times - it has become second nature to me, to hiss like a mom-cat when one of my babies does something they shouldn't.

So later on, when my alarm went off and I had to get up, groggy and grumpy due to my twice disrupted dreams, my little Ginger girl came up onto my bed to give me my morning licks.

I tried tucking my hands out of site and glaring at her because I was still annoyed, then she curled up in front of me and looked up at me with the sweetest, most innocent look...

Drat. I caved to the look, and she got her lovies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't mean it my foot!
THis is the same girl who will make eye contact with me, then sloooooowly reach out past the scratching post to scratch on the luggage, while maintaining that eye contact!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Didn't mean it my foot!
THis is the same girl who will make eye contact with me, then sloooooowly reach out past the scratching post to scratch on the luggage, while maintaining that eye contact!
That's priceless! No wonder we love cats, hm?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Didn't mean it my foot!

Well, that reminds me of the scene in the movie Kramer vs. Kramer, when Dustin Hoffman is telling his little boy not to eat the ice cream -the son never stops looking at him and v-e-r-y slowly continues to open the ice cream - always looking at Dustin, and Dutin keeps saying "don't you dare", "I mean it , stop right now" etc - it is such a great scene and I can see Ginger looking at you the whole time while you tell her not to scratch the suitcase!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Well, that reminds me of the scene in the movie Kramer vs. Kramer, when Dustin Hoffman is telling his little boy not to eat the ice cream -the son never stops looking at him and v-e-r-y slowly continues to open the ice cream - always looking at Dustin, and Dutin keeps saying "don't you dare", "I mean it , stop right now" etc - it is such a great scene and I can see Ginger looking at you the whole time while you tell her not to scratch the suitcase!
Yes, that's it EXACTLY!!!

I can see her thinking, "Why, what are YOU gonna do about it?"

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Didn't mean it my foot!
And that is a bad thing?

If it makes you feel any better, TigerLily Marlene does that, too. And she always gets her full name used on her when she does!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you love it. Who needs sleep?

Wait until Penny gets there, she's really good at doing the telepathic stare.

She'll position herself somewhere in the bedroom, where she has a clear view of you and when you wake up you will be looking right at her.......staring at you......willing you to wake up, because she thinks its time to eat.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

You know you love it. Who needs sleep?

Wait until Penny gets there, she's really good at doing the telepathic stare.

She'll position herself somewhere in the bedroom, where she has a clear view of you and when you wake up you will be looking right at her.......staring at you......willing you to wake up, because she thinks its time to eat.
Uhm...Nial? What else should I know about Penny in advance?

Actually, Ginger has woken me up that way, too, sitting on my shoulder on the blankets, just LOOKING at me from three inches away from my face.

And Ferris, well, he wakes me up every single night on his hunt for his next hair tie fix.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Uhm...Nial? What else should I know about Penny in advance?

Actually, Ginger has woken me up that way, too, sitting on my shoulder on the blankets, just LOOKING at me from three inches away from my face.

And Ferris, well, he wakes me up every single night on his hunt for his next hair tie fix.
What? I should tell you everything about her upfront?
What fun would that be?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

What? I should tell you everything about her upfront?
What fun would that be?
Oooo, you are eeeevil.