Chat With TCS!!! New Date and Time!!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
**Edit**

We had a great show - thanks to all those who took part and especially to our special guest Tania! A recording will be made available soon!

**/Edit **

On Sunday, April 29th at 12 Noon EDST, we will be hosting another live TCS broadcast via Skype. We had such a good time during the first one and hope to make this a frequent feature here at TCS. As before, a link to the appropriate channel will be included in another post shortly before the broadcast is due to occur.

With Kitten Season full upon us here in the US, we will be discussing Pregnant Cat and Kitten Care. Our Guest Speakers will be our very own Kumbulu, resident expert on orphaned kittens and yours truly, GayeF, Moderator of the TCS Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care Forum.

We are going to be taking questions from the membership to be addressed during the broadcast, so if you would like your question to be answered by our experts live on the air, please send it via PM to GayeF for inclusion. We will also be taking live questions during the broadcast so if you would like to ask either Kumbulu or myself anything pertaining to Pregnant Cat and/or Kitten Care, please PM me with your TCS username, your Skype username and the question you plan to ask live.

In order to speak with us live during the broadcast, we respectfully request that you have a headset with mic/earphones. While you can talk with us using a stand-alone mic and speakers, the echo it produces is extremely unpleasant and detracts from the other listeners' enjoyment of the discussion.

If you don't have Skype, we strongly encourage you to get the download, install it, test it to make sure you can work within it (PM me if you want to do a test call to see if your system works properly) and get your questions ready.

Please send your questions to me no later than Thursday, April 26th by midnight for inclusion in this upcoming week's broadcast.

If you can't make it to the broadcast live, we will miss you, but it will be available for download as a file from the TCS archives soon after the broadcast date.

We will be looking forward to a lively, fun and informative discussion! Hope to see you there!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to work out what time it will be in Sydney Australia?

Hmmm....Brain not helping!

Edit: Ok I think it will be 2am!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There will be a live chat running parallel to the skypecast, which those not yet equipped with a headset can participate in, provided that they've downloaded the most recent skypeware. Please refer to this thread for links. Headsets start at about $10 - $12, IME.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I joined too.
Now ALL the ladies are gonna want to join!

I don't have a mic, so its not 'good to go' for me!

Maybe next time!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too bad you don't have a mic. We do have the public text chat as well though.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoyed listening to all the beautiful voices.
The text chat was fun too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that went really, really well! And as always, it is so much fun to hear everyone's voices! I just want to say thanks to everyone who participated, both in the live chat with us and as well as the text chat. I love this feature and really hope to make it a regular thing in the future.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It really should be a regular feature, since it's informative and fun. It's a terrific addition, Anne! I noticed that several non-TCS members listened to the whole Skypecast, too. For those of you still without microphones, you can listen to the entire broadcast with speakers or headphones, and make comments or pose questions in the live chat, which runs parallel, and is "monitored" by participants, who will make sure your questions are included.

I'm still giggling about Gaye not having curtains up. We've always adopted adult cats, so Jamie was our first kitten. I brought him home one Wednesday evening, and by Thursday afternoon had taken down all the curtains in the house. They remained down until he was six months old. I put them back up on a Saturday afternoon, and he managed to pull down a curtain rod early Sunday. Hubby spent all of Sunday afternoon anchoring our curtain rods with six-inch screws! Our spiral staircase was "kitten-proofed" with tablecloths for about nine or ten months, and we had towels stuffed behind our radiators for about six months, too.