Another shipment of tainted food?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dude, the link connects to the A Labrador Ate My Car thread...

I'm cornfused!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Dude, the link connects to the A Labrador Ate My Car thread...

I'm cornfused!
Yeah, that was a thread I was linking a friend of mine to! She has a Lab as well!

Try it again...it should be a Routers link? Sheesh, I'll just go post the link itself right now!

ETA: Does that work now?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it works now
This is so scary. Some Royal Canin types recalled today, what's tommorow?

What makes it even worse is that a brand will recall one very specific type at first, then suddenly everything they make is recalled. Like what happened with Nutro. And how foods that were on the safe list are now recalled!

It seems like somebody should be operating out of an abundance of caution and just testing the daylights out of all this grain. What is going on!

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was crossing my fingers and toes that we'd make it to at least Wednesday without any new recall scares.

Are there still unnamed companies using these batches? (I am meaning the ones reported to buy grains from the China distributer, but yet unnamed).

And werent most companies doing testing regardless now? Many of us have contacted them or the company website updated their home page stating their foods were tested and /or not associated with the China distributer. Those are the reassurances *I* have been going with.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an email from Royal Canin in France assuring me that all their foods are manufactured from European ingredients and that they buy nothing fron China. Are the RC foods in the US made there or imported?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe RC is now made in the US but was imported before. All I know is there are RC foods being recalled in 3 countries the US, Canada, and S. Africa from tainted corn gluten and rice protein concentrate that came from China.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just sent RC another email asking them to confirm the origins of the recalled foods. In their original mail to me they state categorically that they do not use products from China.