Update on Frankie and Tyler April 2007

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!

Frankie's kidney values are normal! For the first time! Her bun is 31, her Creatinine is 1.8, and phos is normal. We do still need to get a urine sample to check the sp grav to see if she's still concentrating her urine normally (last two times that was checked, it was normal which was an improvement over her first urine results).

I am so very pleased. Nothing changes...we keep her on her lower phos, sl. lower protein food and calcitriol, but I'm hoping, hoping, hoping this may mean she'll have that long life I wish for her.

Tyler...to my great surprise also now has normal kidney values. His bun is 30, his creatinine is 1.2, phos is 3.3. Thyroid holding at normal (he's on a high doze of methamazole). That was the good news. He has however dropped his hematocrit 5 points, to 27, his urine is dilute with 2+ protein present, and his sodium is off.

For now, we will wait and watch...recheck him in 4-6 months. As I told her, I kind of promised him the last u/s was it (when he had a fine needle biopsy of tumors in his liver) re trying to find out the reason for the drop in hematocrit. The other good news, she feels we can try a dry food with him - Hills K/D (he's been on wet food only since his surgery for calcium oxalate stones a couple of years ago)..I think(hope) he would actually eat on his own if I could free feed him dry food.

I am so very pleased! Now, we see what Tippy's recheck will show, which is coming up soon.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!

Frankie's kidney values are normal! For the first time! Her bun is 31, her Creatinine is 1.8, and phos is normal. We do still need to get a urine sample to check the sp grav to see if she's still concentrating her urine normally (last two times that was checked, it was normal which was an improvement over her first urine results).

I am so very pleased. Nothing changes...we keep her on her lower phos, sl. lower protein food and calcitriol, but I'm hoping, hoping, hoping this may mean she'll have that long life I wish for her.

Tyler...to my great surprise also now has normal kidney values. His bun is 30, his creatinine is 1.2, phos is 3.3. Thyroid holding at normal (he's on a high doze of methamazole). That was the good news. He has however dropped his hematocrit 5 points, to 27, his urine is dilute with 2+ protein present, and his sodium is off.

For now, we will wait and watch...recheck him in 4-6 months. As I told her, I kind of promised him the last u/s was it (when he had a fine needle biopsy of tumors in his liver) re trying to find out the reason for the drop in hematocrit. The other good news, she feels we can try a dry food with him - Hills K/D (he's been on wet food only since his surgery for calcium oxalate stones a couple of years ago)..I think(hope) he would actually eat on his own if I could free feed him dry food.

I am so very pleased! Now, we see what Tippy's recheck will show, which is coming up soon.
YIPPY for Frankie Jean .... Give her a BIG BIG hug and lots of scritches

ahh my Tyler get more stable

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Pat...
Frankie's values are fantastic.

What have you been feeding her?

Tyler's kidney numbers are great...
I am sending lot of vibes that you get to the bottom of the other numbers quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Wow Pat...
Frankie's values are fantastic.

What have you been feeding her?

Tyler's kidney numbers are great...
I am sending lot of vibes that you get to the bottom of the other numbers quickly.
I feed Frankie Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Adult...it had a protein/phos content that I was comfortable with and she's done well on it (except for how fat she now is!)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I feed Frankie Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Adult...it had a protein/phos content that I was comfortable with and she's done well on it (except for how fat she now is!)
I know the NC reg adult may be out of her % ages but more fat = less carbs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I know the NC reg adult may be out of her % ages but more fat = less carbs
I had been feeding her the Nutro Natural Choice etc. senior, but found the values re phos etc better with the indoor adult. btw, I decided to not switch, I know we pm'd about it, and thank you for all your advice on that

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I had been feeding her the Nutro Natural Choice etc. senior, but found the values re phos etc better with the indoor adult. btw, I decided to not switch, I know we pm'd about it, and thank you for all your advice on that
Good too know ... humm How did I miss that

anytime

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful news Pat! Even if it's isn't perfect for them all...it's definately a huge improvement!