little baby foxes!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today we had 4 little baby foxes come into our shelter that our AC officers had traped. They're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!!
Their feet have the most adorable jet black little "socks" on them and their tails are sooooooooooooooooooooo fluffy!!!! They will only be at our shelter for a day or so as a very kind gentleman who lives out in the middle of nowhere kindly said we could release them on his property (he has several hundred acres and it's out near the forest so it's just perfect! he has had wildlife experience for years too
) I'm soo excited they are going to be released into a safe/fox-friendly environment where they can live out their lives and be happy! What great news! I wish i had pictures -they are just too cute for words! And what is really adorable is hearing them bark
They bark just like little doggies
Hehe i just had to share the cuteness with ya'll - i love little baby foxes!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, I love foxes, they're so adorable! I wish they made good pets - I would have one in a heartbeat! Maybe if I can find a well-behaved pomeranian some day, that will have to do
I'm glad you found a nice man to let them be wild though.

You should find a way to sneak pictures! I think we all need a fox fix!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And why don't you have pictures, hmm? How dare you taunt us with these adorable descriptions and not post pictures? AUGH!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh they sound so sweet
My parents had a whole family living near them, and the baby foxes would come right up on their deck and play. Had a fox on the other side of the fence from our yard last night...we are getting a lot of critters around here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Awwww, I love foxes, they're so adorable! I wish they made good pets - I would have one in a heartbeat! Maybe if I can find a well-behaved pomeranian some day, that will have to do
I'm glad you found a nice man to let them be wild though.

You should find a way to sneak pictures! I think we all need a fox fix!
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

And why don't you have pictures, hmm? How dare you taunt us with these adorable descriptions and not post pictures? AUGH!
sorry, i don't have any pictures- i was at work
they are sooo cute though!!! they're little too - just babies (but old enough to be independant). i had never heard a fox bark until today- it's adorable!!!!!!
the guy who's taking them is just wonderful! he has a ton of experience with wildlife- and will let them just live off the land and be free.
he'll make sure nobody messes with them and that they are safe....so that's great! if we do get any orphaned wolf pups in our shelter though- i get to foster them
(I have a 12 year old wolf mix) so i'm excited. Hehe but hopefully that won't need to happen! We have SOOOOOOO much wildlife around here...Memphis is city- but once you get out a little bit down the road and into the surrounding cities (i live and work in Bartlett,TN) there is TONS of forest/woods and wildlife everywhere. Deer, opossum, ducks, raccoons, wolves, foxes...you name it- we get it all....so our whole shelter is really trying to adapt so we can take care of them and release them into the wild if we're able to

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! I wish that I could see them. I've seen a couple of foxes in the ever shrinking woods around here but it's been quite a few years. I'm glad that they are going someplace safe to grow and live.

Did you say wolves? I love wolves, one of my favorite animals.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Awwww! I wish that I could see them. I've seen a couple of foxes in the ever shrinking woods around here but it's been quite a few years. I'm glad that they are going someplace safe to grow and live.

Did you say wolves? I love wolves, one of my favorite animals.
yup! that's what i'm "pre-assigned" to if you want to call it that if we ever get any wolf pups in. i have a 12 yr old wolf mix, Ginger so i have a bit of expeince with them
they're just gorgeous!!!!!!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww!!
I had two baby foxes run in front of me the other night! I am soooo glad I didnt hit one~they were as precious as can be!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never seen a fox in person, but I just LOVE them. They are such adorable little creatures. I would love to see a bably fox.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Awww!!
I had two baby foxes run in front of me the other night! I am soooo glad I didnt hit one~they were as precious as can be!!
i'm glad you were able to aviod hitting them
aren't they just prescious!!!

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I have never seen a fox in person, but I just LOVE them. They are such adorable little creatures. I would love to see a bably fox.
Awww Hope- you should go to one of your local wildlife rescues or nature centers- they're just darling!!!!
I LOVE their little legs- their jet black "stockings" and their tails are sooooooo fluffy!
It's just too adorable! I had never heard one bark before today- it was sooo cute!!! I was standing outside with the other AC officer moving them from the cage to the carriers (to transport them) and the smallest one tried to kiss my gloves and barked at me
I just wanted to hug it! It was sooo darling- but you don't hug a wild animal like that though

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a pair of foxes living in my garden in London and they had a litter every year. I used to love seeing the babies playing in the garden, especially in the moonlight, but they made a terrible mess, and believe me, you do not want to smell a garden that has six foxes living in it. They tore up all my favourite plants and made paths to chase each other through the shrubbery. And they took the fish from the pond and ate the daffodil bulbs. So I am afraid I am not a fan, not that I would want any of them to be hurt, and in the right place, they are fine.