Hello and thank you to all....

sake&pennys dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone.
Since the recall tragedy, I've been reading the many many informative posts on this site. I have to say, you ladies (and guys) ARE ON IT!
Thank you so very much for everyone that has provided valuable info.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been planning on introducing myself to everyone, but in light of what's been going on the last few weeks it just didn't seem proper. Theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re so many more important issues I just didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to waste anyoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s time.

Though I'm new to cat forums, I'm not new to having cats as my companions. Been through the whole CRF with two of my loved ones, Konagirl & Simon (SySy). Simon (17ish) passed away in Sept 2005, while Kona (19) passed in Feb. 2006. Both had been diagnosed with CRF in 1999…..of course later that brought on the other issues, high blood pressure, anemia, etc to name a few. But both Kona and Simon were ‘toughâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] cats. No matter how much we were going through they still had time to cuddle and purrrrr….they loved to be loved. The sub Qâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s, meds, diets, allowed us to enjoy many years of happiness. I owe it to the Cat Clinic of Orange County (Dr. Diane Steinberg). Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the one that proposed the Sub Qâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s; most other vets around here just didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think it was an option (1999)….certainly not for a pet owner to do by themselves. Diane said nonsense, the treatment does prolong their life AND you can do it. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad I did.

I still have two cats; my big boy Sake. I found him as a stray (‘97) when he was a kitten.
He looks like a blue pt, but has ever so slight tab in him (very faint stripes in tip of tail).
Plus his size (19lb) tells me he must have something else in him.
My other cat is Penny. Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a torti. You know how some tortiâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s can be. She had belonged to my neighbor but he really didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take very good of care of her. When I told him I was feeding her, his response was “you can keep her.†O.K., sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s mine (â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]01) Straight to the vet for check up she went. Now sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s happy and warm inside my house.

I would also like to thank Clixpix once again, in the public forum, for her kind intro p.m.
Thx Clixpix.

Anyway, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad I found this forum. Once again, thanks to everyone for all the valuable recall info. You cannot depend on print media for updates.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your lovely furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess u have seen how much of a great site this is
! I cant wait to see pics of ur crew tho, we
pics here! There is so much to do here and also to learn this is truly a great site, and of course we do like to have fun
!!Well see u on the forums

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome from another Torti owner. Is yours as gooda jumper as mine. She can jump anything and she is now almost 11 years old!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to TCS! Yes, there is sooo much information on here. Not only about pet food recall but every single topic you could ever possibly think of--- has probably been discusssed here at one point or another. People also come on here just to "hang out" with other cat lovers! I can't wait to hear more about your cats, and we love pictures here

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
I hope to see you around the the forums!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome
I'm glad that you stopped in at New Cats to introduce yourself. Sounds as you are a long time cat lover so we are eager for you to share your knowledge and stories of the kitties in your life.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to TCS. I look forward to hearing more about your furkids soon. As well as my 7 1/2 m/o kitten, Blossom, I have a torty named Coco who lives next door with my mum because she doesnt like my sons big dog.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sake&Pennys dad

Hello everyone.
Since the recall tragedy, I've been reading the many many informative posts on this site. I have to say, you ladies (and guys) ARE ON IT!
Thank you so very much for everyone that has provided valuable info.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been planning on introducing myself to everyone, but in light of what's been going on the last few weeks it just didn't seem proper. Theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re so many more important issues I just didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to waste anyoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s time.

Though I'm new to cat forums, I'm not new to having cats as my companions. Been through the whole CRF with two of my loved ones, Konagirl & Simon (SySy). Simon (17ish) passed away in Sept 2005, while Kona (19) passed in Feb. 2006. Both had been diagnosed with CRF in 1999…..of course later that brought on the other issues, high blood pressure, anemia, etc to name a few. But both Kona and Simon were ‘toughâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] cats. No matter how much we were going through they still had time to cuddle and purrrrr….they loved to be loved. The sub Qâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s, meds, diets, allowed us to enjoy many years of happiness. I owe it to the Cat Clinic of Orange County (Dr. Diane Steinberg). Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the one that proposed the Sub Qâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s; most other vets around here just didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think it was an option (1999)….certainly not for a pet owner to do by themselves. Diane said nonsense, the treatment does prolong their life AND you can do it. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad I did.

I still have two cats; my big boy Sake. I found him as a stray (‘97) when he was a kitten.
He looks like a blue pt, but has ever so slight tab in him (very faint stripes in tip of tail).
Plus his size (19lb) tells me he must have something else in him.
My other cat is Penny. Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a torti. You know how some tortiâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s can be. She had belonged to my neighbor but he really didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take very good of care of her. When I told him I was feeding her, his response was “you can keep her.†O.K., sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s mine (â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]01) Straight to the vet for check up she went. Now sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s happy and warm inside my house.

I would also like to thank Clixpix once again, in the public forum, for her kind intro p.m.
Thx Clixpix.

Anyway, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad I found this forum. Once again, thanks to everyone for all the valuable recall info. You cannot depend on print media for updates.
Dear Sake and Penny's Dad:

Thanks for the intro and gosh, you did so well to keep Konagirl and Simon going for so long with CRF, with good quality of life! My angel girl Moti passed just over 2 years ago from CRF; she kept going for 7months from the diagnosis, but she was not a really robust girl. I was just glad to be able to ensure her good quality of life for those months, thanks to our wonderful Dr. Ahmed and his "dream team". A good doctor and staff make all the difference; I know. My angel Sunny was an almost-record survivor after his diagnosis with FIP; he kept going for almost five good years thanks to our great Dr. Tremazi and his staff, and the "miracle drug", Immunoregulin.

THANK YOU for adopting Sake and Penny and loving them! Sake sounds like she could be on the Birman side, or a little bit Snowshoe with Lynx Point coloration. Penny sounds wonderful. My Tarifa is tortie, too -- and the sweetest cat anyone could imagine! I adopted her from a dear friend who does rescue/adoptions. When I told her I needed a cat who could fit into a large feline family, right away, she said, "Torie" (her name given by my friend). Not once has there been any friction between her and the others; right from the start, she was absolute purr-fection!