Adobe suite

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just received from a friend,Adobe suite. I am wanting to try out siggy's and have only got as far as cutting the pic out. I have already went to this website.http://www.freewebs.com/icklemiss21/index.htm i guess i'm that photoshop dumb. I need adobe photoshop for dummies.
Can anyone help?
Jenn

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tjwharton24

I just received from a friend,Adobe suite. I am wanting to try out siggy's and have only got as far as cutting the pic out. I have already went to this website.http://www.freewebs.com/icklemiss21/index.htm i guess i'm that photoshop dumb. I need adobe photoshop for dummies.
Can anyone help?
Jenn
You don't cut out a signature. What you do, is make an original graphic, in the size of a signature, at least that is what you usually do. So, what you would do, is start off with an original document sized 550 across and 134 height. You can create whatever you'd like on the background or even leave the background a plain colour if that's easier to start. Then you copy the cat or cats you've cut out and then paste each one on to the graphic you made, as new layers. If the original cut out picture is too large to fit in the signature sized graphic you will need to reduce the size of the picture so the height is not too large, first. I do it a bit differently in that I double or triple the size of the siggy background and then reduce the entire finish product back to the 550x134 after I've finish working on the signature, but either way will work. Remember to flatten the image before you save it.

compugasm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Photoshop is like taking a ferrari to the grocery store. It's way more than you need. However, if you look for tutorials on cropping images in the version of photoshop you have, you might be able to struggle through it.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by compugasm

Photoshop is like taking a ferrari to the grocery store. It's way more than you need. However, if you look for tutorials on cropping images in the version of photoshop you have, you might be able to struggle through it.
Due to the fact that there are guidelines as to the size of a signature, simple cropping is probably not the best way for a person to go, if they want to make a signature for TCS. However, to crop it's very simple. All you have to do is use the square masque tool, and surround the portion of the image you wish to keep then go to IMAGE, and on the drop down menu you click on CROP. It's very simple to crop, but you more than likely still have to size the image to make sure it is within TCS guidelnes. To be honest, I'm not all that familiar with Photoshop Suites, or how many of the tools Suites has compared to regular Photoshop. I think it's a program that comes with either a printer or a scanner, if I'm not mistaken so it won't be as advanced as Photoshop. I can only tell you how it's done in regular Photoshop. However since cropping is such a basic thing, I'd think that Photoshop Suites would be able to crop an image.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it Photoshop Creative Suite (CS)?

I can't think of a way to make the tutorial simpler, but if you want to send me a PM letting me know what is getting you stuck, I would be glad to walk you through it

compugasm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

...It's very simple to crop, but you more than likely still have to size the image to make sure it is within TCS guidelnes. To be honest, I'm not all that familiar with Photoshop Suites...
You can set the boundries of the crop tool. Kill two birds with one stone.