Mosquito Allergy

sulkair

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an indoor/outdoor Tom. He loves to sit out on the patio in the evenings. Problem is he's allergic to Mosquitoes. The muzzle of his nose gets bad sores after the bites Do you think the Petguard Herbal Collar could help repell Mosquitoes?

I've spent several hundred dollars on Vet visits for this problem. I am 100 percent convinced its a mosquito allergy. We live in Florida too.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Collars only cover about 1 inch on inch side so they are INEFFECTIVE and can BE DEADLY .... Many of the flea control products from YOUR VET have something to repel mosquitos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sulkair

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Collars only cover about 1 inch on inch side so they are INEFFECTIVE and can BE DEADLY .... Many of the flea control products from YOUR VET have something to repel mosquitos
That is not true Sharky - The products from the Vet are NOT effective against mosquitoes. According to my research, neither Advantage, Frontline, or Revolution has any effect against mosquitoes. Advantage for Dogs does, but not Cats.

Over the counter - which I have learned my lesson and will not use - Bio-spot, and Zodiac, claim to repell mosquitoes, but thats moot because I will not use them.

The Petguard Herbal collar claims to be all natural, so i was considering trying it.

Vets and Vet products are not the end all be all! I've been to 3 different vets, and about 800 dollars later and 3 steriod injections later my poor Tom is still suffering. Ive come to the conclusion its going to have to be my own brain and research thats going to solve this, not simply "the vet"

I was hoping someone else living in tropical areas may have encounted a similar problem and had ideas.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO need to get HUFFY .... that was me reading packaging ...

The right vet is a great for your animal , obviously you havent found the right one for you and your baby... I use all natural methods but not collars that are approved by my vet ( i am lucky to have a holistic minded one), but citrnella is what I plant to keep the skeeters away but I am guessing you need one a foot in FL

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know there are some products that are effective against mosquitos, I just cannot remember what ones! I am using TriForce on my dogs, I think the cat also repels mosquitos.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a foster boy who was allergic to all bug bites. The poor guy would lose little circles of fur and skin where the bite was. We never did find anything to sooth him, but since he's been converted quite happily to an indoor cat it hasn't been a huge issue. I'm sorry your poor Tom is suffering so.

tdiving

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been to numerous vets for stray cats that have this concern and,none of them have the answer.The latest mentioned that revolution does help to some extent to keep them at bay.Most comment that,the olny answer is to keep them indoors -----thats a big help when they are outdoor strays