She's looking for a mate

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to be 80 degrees here today, so we have our office doors open, and just outside is a little chipmunk who has been sitting on a little wall chirping for the last hour.

Chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp... she just won't stop. I tried putting some bird food out there to distract her, as she is driving the office manager crazy with her non-stop chirping, but she just isn't interested.

So I looked up why chipmunks chirp online, and it seems that she is a female advertising for a mate.

Poor little girl is just looking for a date, LOL...ooo, I just looked, and she has quieted down and is now eating the seeds I spread around.

I love chipmunks, I think they are SO cute.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww! If we have them here, I don't ever see them, but I loved them when I was a kid! The sweetest looking little creatures! My friend used to feed them from her hand at her Grandparents.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww how adorable!
One time we were driving down the road and I saw something in the middle of the side we were on and we went over it - it was a chipmunk and I think it got a bit of a fright and ran off after we drove over it - as in between the wheels - not under, thank goodness!!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chipmunks are the cutest creatures alive!
They make me think that God was in a whimsical mood when He created them.