An update about Dr. D Claw's fur issues...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four months ago when I brought home Dr. D Claw for the first time I realized I had a big problem on my hands. He was ripping out his fur from the neck back. Also, he had a bad case of fleas and was slightly under weight. Here is an update on my boy:

Fur ripping: This has gotten much better after the second dose of Revolution. IMHO I think he had a case of mites on top of the fleas and he needed Revolution to kill them. We've also introduced a big dose of Omega 3's into his diet every day, allowing the coat he did have to get into better shape. The dandruff he had seems to be going away. I'm also seeing some hair re-growth on his fanny and his legs. This is good news, because I was starting to call him Mr. Furry Boots, because of his bald little legs. Now we call him Mr. Patchy Boots.

Weight: He's gained a few pounds!
His eyes have also gotten brighter and his teeth look slightly better.

He's also turned into a love monster. He can't get enough attention or love out of DH or myself. I'm happy to give him what ever he wants. It's wonderful to see him in a game of "Heard of Wild Horses" with the other two.

Thanks everyone, just keep us in your thoughts as this journey continues.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww...
for Dr. Claw and bigger
for you for being his guardian angel!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww...it's good to hear he's doing better!
He's clearly a very happy boy!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, he sounds like such a sweetie.
I'm so glad he's now happy and safe with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone... he's now resting on top of the computer waiting for me to get up and give him a belly rub. It seems that is his favorite thing in the world.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhhhh that's fantastic!! I can't believe you've had him 4 months already, doesn't time fly?? I'm glad to hear it's getting better, it must have been horrible for him

Can you imagine how he feels?? He's gone from a home where he had no fun and had no love, and was constantly itchy, to a home where he has so many toys, 2 of the funnest, mischievious brothers who think he's pretty cool, parents who adore him and give him all the love he wants, and he's finally less itchy!! He must thank his lucky stars every day wondering how he managed that

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ahhhhh that's fantastic!! I can't believe you've had him 4 months already, doesn't time fly?? I'm glad to hear it's getting better, it must have been horrible for him

Can you imagine how he feels?? He's gone from a home where he had no fun and had no love, and was constantly itchy, to a home where he has so many toys, 2 of the funnest, mischievious brothers who think he's pretty cool, parents who adore him and give him all the love he wants, and he's finally less itchy!! He must thank his lucky stars every day wondering how he managed that
He tells me every day in his eyes. When I come home from work he runs to the door and meows at me for a good half hour. It's like he's telling me how much he missed me.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Either that or he's ratting out 8-Bit, LOL
My thought exactly!

Somehow I had missed that your handsome boy had these problems... I'm so glad he's doing better! And isn't it a wonderful feeling when you can make a kitty sooooo happy?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's so wonderful to hear that he's flourishing under your care.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful update!!! It sounds as if he's doing much better!!! I think him being taken such good care of in his new home has a lot to do with it
I'm soo glad ya'll were able to take the handsome little fella in and give him such a good home! My sister's cat, Patch- he does the same exact thing with his fur.....he is EXTREMLY allergic to fleas (even though he's indoors only) - all of her animals get flea prevenative and all are indoors only but if he even gets one on him for a moment he goes nutzo. He also rips out his fur when he's stressed....they started giving him baths in Malabase shampoo and that seems to help a lot
He also has allergies so a little benadryl seems to go a long way for him and help a lot:bightumb: Hopefully Dr. Claw's fur will continue to improve as well! It sounds like it's already getting better. If you suspect he's had mites though- do make sure he has a Tactic dip at your vet or local shelter to make sure it's all killed off as those little buggers are not fun! (i dip our shelter animals for it- the Tactic dips are soooooooooo good!!!! 2 or 3 of those will cure up just about any skin/ fur issue
)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I think we need update pictures of the wonderful Dr Claw!
I'll do my best... he's now under the chair because we have some friends over. He doesn't do well around more than two people at a time.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's fantastic to hear of his improvements. He's such a pretty boy. It sounds like he's fitting in perfectly in your family.