Many thanks to everyone

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My post in the Rainbow Bridge forum about the loss of Turvy Demeter got wonderful responses from you all, both in the thread and in PM's, and I want to thank you all

The reason that I'm posting this here is to update on everyone else. Turvy took Hobo Skimbleshanks under her wing (uh, paw), when he was a tiny, tiny thing, and he was always her number one adopted son. Saturday night, he watched me wrap her in her blanky, but after that, he spent nearly all the time under the bed. He skipped breakfast entirely Sunday, and only picked at his dinner. And, the hummingbirds are finally here, which usually thrills him, but he barely gave them a glance.

But, early this morning, the Hobo came to me for a ride around the house several times on my shoulder, and had a bit to eat. He seems to be realizing that even though his world has drastically changed, it hasn't ended

The other cats have been moving around, playing and snoozing, but just being far quieter than normal.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little Hobo hes going to need a lot of extra love while he mourns ....... Im sure it will help you both during your grief. Im so sorry Mike

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun I hadn't been on much either and had not seen about your Turvy and I am so sorry for your loss I know how much you love your babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh poor Hobo
...it took my cats months to get used to
Bella
not being here, Sophia was very depressed. Was Turvy the Alpha cat?
Yes, she was...what Turvy said was law. About a year and a half ago, she started showing signs of cognitive disorder and while the medications were stablizing and starting to take effect, Etcetera D'Calico and Peanut Butterum were having tiffs on who would be in charge. This went on, on and off, for a couple of weeks. Then one morning, Turvy strode out of her room, flanked by her boys Mischief and the Hobo...and she knocked some heads and put things back in order.

So far, no one has shown any interest in taking the spot on top the refrigerator. But, that will probably come in time. Right now, they are still mourning and at a loss as to what to do.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully with some extra TLC from you your cats will adjust.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Yes, she was...what Turvy said was law. About a year and a half ago, she started showing signs of cognitive disorder and while the medications were stablizing and starting to take effect, Etcetera D'Calico and Peanut Butterum were having tiffs on who would be in charge. This went on, on and off, for a couple of weeks. Then one morning, Turvy strode out of her room, flanked by her boys Mischief and the Hobo...and she knocked some heads and put things back in order.

So far, no one has shown any interest in taking the spot on top the refrigerator. But, that will probably come in time. Right now, they are still mourning and at a loss as to what to do.
Awwww Bless your sweet babies

Severino took over as the Alpha cat here, and he got very serious about his new job and let them all know he's the boss now...I will be anxious to hear how your Tribe works this out Mike.