Yet another late night

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I took half of Benadryl at 10:30 hoping to sleep by midnight. I had 10 minutes of CSI Miami left when there was a big huge SMASH! Benson had found his way on top of the kitchen cabinets and on the way down he took a margarita glass with him. That is the four time he has broken something up there. Every time we think we stocked the cabinets he finds another way up there. I just spent the last 45 minutes picking up glass, mopping the floor and cleaning all the cat dishes. DH had gotten up when he heard the crash and put Benson in the bathroom. When I was finished cleaning I let him out of the bathroom to see he pulled a handful of rug fibers.

In that last two days he has damaged the kitchen floor, dented a wall and marked on the rugs. We only have two months left here. ARGH! I so can't wait to move & he better find safer places to hide. I really hate the kitten stage.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Silly question, but is there any way(financially & living situation) that you can get a friend for Benson?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DENTED A WALL???!!!

Wow, demented kitty! I know how it is - last night I kept getting woken up by a noise that sounded like the door to the garage slamming!
My hubby is out of town, so that was just freaky! After several "slams" I realized it was just Smudge (13 or so pounds of him, and NOT very coordinated) jumping off a table or something. Jeez, why can't they just sleep at night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Silly question, but is there any way(financially & living situation) that you can get a friend for Benson?
Haha we have two other kitties. He gets like this every night. I thought he was sleeping on the floor. I was playing with him earlier but he wasn't interested.
Originally Posted by kluchetta

DENTED A WALL???!!!

Wow, demented kitty! I know how it is - last night I kept getting woken up by a noise that sounded like the door to the garage slamming!
My hubby is out of town, so that was just freaky! After several "slams" I realized it was just Smudge (13 or so pounds of him, and NOT very coordinated) jumping off a table or something. Jeez, why can't they just sleep at night?
That would scare me to death.
There is a pass-thru window between the kitchen & the dining area. Benson tried to sit on the ledge while I was doing the dishing. He caught my eye in time to see a very heavy crystal candle holder fall. On the way down it put a dent in the wall.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dried flower arrangement get smashed into smithereens this week by none other than Mr. Smudge. AND he's emptied the bathroom trash for me (onto the floor) at least 4 times today!