Weird waking/sleeping dream behavior

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but I have never experienced this in my life. I was dozing off to go to sleep, my eyes were closed, yet I could fully visualize and HEAR sounds like Lexi meowing like crazy (she was sleeping next to me) and that I could see something moving in my room. I KNEW I was dreaming, but I felt paralyzed and it took me a while to get myself to physically wake up. The weird thing was I KNEW she was ok and no one was there, but it all felt so real. When I woke up she was fine, snoozing next to me. It really creeped me out. I turned TV on just for sound. Has anyone ever experienced this??? Anyone know why this happened?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, just what Natalie said. I've had it happen a number of times, though not recently. It can really shake you up!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, I've been there
it can be really creepy, but reading up a little actually helps to ease it a bit. At least I found it did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!
I'll read up on those sites so I get a better idea of what I experienced. I hope it doesn't happen again tonight...

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happen to me to, it can sometimes be kinda freaky. My favorite though is lucid dreaming. I love it when I can do that.
I don't think you have to worry it probab won't happen again or too often anyway.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had sleep paralysis but I have popped my eyes open a bit too soon while still coming out of a dream. It can make you see some crazy stuff out of normal objects and their shadows.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you guys nailed it with those websites! lol I hope it never happens again. It was so creepy!
Another thing that I think is weird...have you ever had a good dream, wake up, to turn over go back to sleep and be able to continue the dream where you left off? I have been able to do that many times.

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rather than worry, pick up some books about lucid dreaming. One of the topics in those books are people that can do just that. It doesn't usually happen to me. To many distractions. Usually if I wake up in the middle of the night for any reasons the cats p/u on it and think I must want to play.

Of course then they stay home when I go to work and go back to their regularly scheduled naps.
Lucky furballs.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oregon

Rather than worry, pick up some books about lucid dreaming. One of the topics in those books are people that can do just that. It doesn't usually happen to me. To many distractions. Usually if I wake up in the middle of the night for any reasons the cats p/u on it and think I must want to play.

Of course then they stay home when I go to work and go back to their regularly scheduled naps.
Lucky furballs.
Lucid dreaming??
Don't think I've ever heard of that term! I will have to look it up now that you have my curiousity!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I've had that happen before. I'm known for doing odd things in my sleep sometimes too. I don't know what brings it on, but I seem to do it for a bit, then stop, and then again.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I think I've had that happen before. I'm known for doing odd things in my sleep sometimes too. I don't know what brings it on, but I seem to do it for a bit, then stop, and then again.
I've also woken up suddenly when full asleep and am wide awake in a sitting position. I don't know, but over the years I have been consciously aware while dreaming, that this is only a dream and that I can wake up at any time. I have consciously said this while dreaming. After I finally fell asleep again last night...I had the weirdest dream. I didn't understand a bit of it. Does anyone else just ever have a dream that makes no sense at all? I'm just glad I don't have many nightmares.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have had similar experiences and although they don't really freak me out anymore it's very unsettling sometimes especially when you try to move and you can't.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Does anyone else just ever have a dream that makes no sense at all?
Always, and sometimes there's too little there to make anything out of it.

A recent one, for some reason I needed to cleanse a house (some may know what that means) and could not find any of the supplies needed.
I hope that was just a weird dream and not my brain saying that I'm always unprepared.

A lot of time I am aware it's a dream, I can choose to stay in it and watch things play out but usually not change them. I have had a few lucid dreams, but for some reason I can't walk
instead I always end up floating up and flying, that freaks me out (fear of heights) so I wake up.