Should I?

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been really stuck as to which music to walk down the aisle to. (In 1 week!)
Then I've found out the name of my favourite piece of music ever (you're so cool by Hans Zimmer) from my favourite movie (true romance) and I'm thinking about walking down the aisle to it. We're having a civil ceremony in quite a traditional venue, so I'm not sure if it goes?

Here's the venue:http://www.brideshead.co.uk/gosfield_gallery.html

Here's a link to hear the music:
And here's a pic of me with Christian Slater! (he was in True Romance)

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol...my eye caught your photo and I first thought that was your hubby-to be-lol. And thought NOT BAD AT ALL! (then realised it was Christian Slater lol).

Its your special day...do what you want to make it just that. I know the song...I think its very unique and adds an individual flair to the whole thing. And its quite the done thing theses days in civil weddings that the music is unique and/or has relevance to that particular couple..I think its works very well (except for one wedding I heard of where they walked out to Elton John's 'Sacrifice' lol).

People will look back and rememeber the wedding. More importantly you will look back and think how special it was.

1 week to go? My god..are you nervous? lol I sure was! Drifting between hectic and nervous lol.

Good luck with your special day and dont forget to post pics!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that song would be beautiful! I have heard it before but I didn't know what it was called so thanks for including the link.

Basically, its your wedding and you can walk down the aisle to anything you want, but I do think that song is very romantic and will definitely work!

And, HOW did you meet Christian Slater????? I've had a thing for him ever since I first saw him in "Heathers"! He could eat crackers in my bed any day!

Congrats and good luck! Post pics after the big day.

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Lol...my eye caught your photo and I first thought that was your hubby-to be-lol. And thought NOT BAD AT ALL! (then realised it was Christian Slater lol).
I did too! My first thought was "WOW! That guy looks JUST like Christian Slater!" lol

Anyway, congrats on the upcoming wedding, even if Mr Slater's NOT the lucky groom! XD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, yes I am drifting between nervous, over excited, hectic, and most other emotions I think! Now I see why a honeymoon is so important - the bride and groom need a rest!

I met Christian Slater in London, he was in a play in the West End - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and I waited around outside after (with H2B!) and we met him. He was really great, he came out, signed autographs, had photos taken etc. He was excellent in the play too.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh yes - if only - 1 week and 1 day today I could become Mrs Jessica Slater - lol!
As if!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow - you mean to say you got THAT close to Christian Slater and yet you're marrying another chap?!?!?!!?
And there I was thinking what a lovely couple you make!!!!

That's a great idea for a song to walk in to, by the way - all the best for your big day too!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the music is the most personal part of a wedding... use whatever song means the most to you and your betrothed!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should use whatever you want, but that being said, I think that's perfectly acceptable. Actually, I think it's quite a good choice.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jessy;1735392 said:
Thanks guys, yes I am drifting between nervous, over excited, hectic, and most other emotions I think! Now I see why a honeymoon is so important - the bride and groom need a rest!

QUOTE]

I got married 1 1/2 yrs ago and YES the honeymoon is to relax! Weddings are crazy...I will never do it again! Where are you going for your honeymoon?

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got married 1 1/2 yrs ago and YES the honeymoon is to relax! Weddings are crazy...I will never do it again! Where are you going for your honeymoon?[/quote]

We're going to Aruba for a week

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

I met Christian Slater in London, he was in a play in the West End - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and I waited around outside after (with H2B!) and we met him. He was really great, he came out, signed autographs, had photos taken etc. He was excellent in the play too.
I saw him in that play and I thought he was awesome

I like the music btw- not what I would choose (we had Guns of Navarone
) but I think it would sound nice

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's Guns of Navarone? I looked it up but couldn't find a sample of it?