Special KatKwiz - 1,000 FREE POINTS!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is not your normal KatKwiz. I have been trying to give away 1,000 points and have not done so yet. Let me warn you, this question is HARD and requires advanced knowledge on how to use a computer as well as TCS. I am going to give one hint each day until we have a winner. However, a person with advanced knowledge can answer the question today. How many hints will I have to give before giving away 1,000 points? How many days will this take? Go ahead and surprise us all, give me the answer with no hints. As usual, tell us how you did it. A little logic helps.

What is the name of my brother-in-law

(The answer is n clicks away.)

The contest will end as soon as I see the correct answer along with how you got it. Show each click you made from right here.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok this is a wild guess (VERY WILD GUESS)

1) right click on your signature and view properties
2) I see the website http://superchiro.com/images/bs5.jpg
3) Enter http://superchiro.com/images in my web browser
4) This takes me to a list of all your photos
5) Scroll down for a 'brother in law' looking pic
6) I spot 'Farshid2.jpeg' and wonder that he might be your brother in law

So my guess is your brother in law's name is Farshid.

7) when I look on http://superchiro.com and then click on the 'About us' link , I see his full name is Dr. Farshid Marzban

Its either your brother in law or your chiropractor lol (or knowing my luck..neither lol!)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that was good! I bet that is his BIL's name because hes said before his wife is Persian and Farshid is a Persian name, Im pretty sure.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

OMG that was good! I bet that is his BIL's name because hes said before his wife is Persian and Farshid is a Persian name, Im pretty sure.
oooh Im all excited now! didnt think i stood a real chance lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Ok this is a wild guess (VERY WILD GUESS)

1) right click on your signature and view properties
2) I see the website http://superchiro.com/images/bs5.jpg
3) Enter http://superchiro.com/images in my web browser
4) This takes me to a list of all your photos
5) Scroll down for a 'brother in law' looking pic
6) I spot 'Farshid2.jpeg' and wonder that he might be your brother in law

So my guess is your brother in law's name is Farshid.

7) when I look on http://superchiro.com and then click on the 'About us' link , I see his full name is Dr. Farshid Marzban

Its either your brother in law or your chiropractor lol (or knowing my luck..neither lol!)
Well, that was a pretty good guess. As our other member pointed out, my wife is Persian. (I have two Persians.) And your wild guess did come up with my brother-in-law. BUT when you read the rules of play you will see you have to PROVE by showing clicks of an answer.

Here is what the board of directors (Persi & Alley) have decided. Since you did come up with the name, they are depositing 500 points in your account. They will give the other 500 points to YOU or ANOTHER member, whoever shows proof.

Here is what I would have done (remember, Persi & Alley make these questions up, not me.) I am not going to show PROOF however, that I am leaving for somebody else.

I would have went to my username, clicked on it, and then clicked on Public Profile.
There, I would have found 4 very big pieces of information:

1. Where I live
2. My name
3. The fact that I am a webmaster
4. My URL

The URL would have been the first thing I would have noticed.
www.superchiro.com/persi
The /persi shows that somebody has added a page to an existing web site (in this case a complete other web site.) So, the next thing I would have done is stripped the /persi off of the address and went to the root site. There I would find a site for a chiropractor that serves Plano. And then I would have gone to About us and found the name that you have found.

OK, here is what we have: There is a chiropractor that just happens to serve the area that I live in. He has a Persian name. However, so far we have not shown who built the websites. If I built the website, then logically I would have done something like this for my brother-in-law. If I did not build the website, then so far we only have circumstantial evidence. There is one other piece of information in my profile that we have not talked about and that is the final key in providing proof.

500 points is still up for grabs. It goes to the person that can absolutely prove that I built the superchiro.com website. And this is the hardest thing about the whole question. I know we have people here that can do it. Another webmaster will be able to do this right away, so just hope you can prove this before a webmaster sees it!

Who built the superchiro.com web site? Show ABSOLUTE proof.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are on the website, if you go to the Internet Explorer menu and click View, then Source, it opens a text file showing the source code for the page. In the first part of the page it shows:

<title>Himalayan Persian Cat Photos</title>
<meta name="generator" content="Yahoo! SiteBuilder/2.3.1/1.5.0_04">
<meta name="author" content="Lee Van Court">

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

When you are on the website, if you go to the Internet Explorer menu and click View, then Source, it opens a text file showing the source code for the page. In the first part of the page it shows:

<title>Himalayan Persian Cat Photos</title>
<meta name="generator" content="Yahoo! SiteBuilder/2.3.1/1.5.0_04">
<meta name="author" content="Lee Van Court">
And that was the missing part, my name. You know your HTML! You have been awarded 500 points!

OK folks, this was a special KatKwiz, one that involved knowing more than our normal every day KatKwiz, which only involves finding things on TCS. However, this was a TCS question because you could not solve the puzzle without garnering information from my profile.

1. Where I live was a pretty good indication that the chiropractor might be related to me since he does business with Plano as indicated on the home page.

2. The fact that I am a webmaster MIGHT indicate that I built the web site.

3. The URL to Persi's web site. superchiro.com/persi takes you to Persi's web site, which contains several pages. But it is attached to an existing web site. However, there is no way to get to the chiropractor's site from Persi's nor vice-versa. Why would a person do such a thing? Because I have many web sites attached to superchiro.com and only pay "rent" for one web site.

4. Finally, my name. Click on the home Page of Persi with the right mouse button and then you click on show source and you find I built this site. Then, go do the same thing to the superchiro.com and you find my name again.

By the way, if you click on Our Services, you will find me in the two center pictures. Boy, those needles feel so good! Yours truly.

OK, we are going back to normal KatKwiz questions now. That means the next KatKwiz is KatKwiz #25 and could appear at any time.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!

My first katkwiz win!
I actually don't know much HTML but that is one of the few things I do know, is how to look at the code on a page. I wasn't sure the name would be there, but figured it was worth a look!