~YIKES~ I saw a guy get the crap beat out of him

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, it was last night after the bar closed down. I witnessed something I dont think I want to witness again!! But I know these things happen when people drink......
I did feel sorry for the guy though~he was so helpless and the guy that was beating him up was an aquantance of the girls I was with. I tried to make him stop and he wouldnt listen. Finally out of nowhere Kim my good friend came running up and grabbed the dude and MADE him stop!! I didnt think the other dude was going to survive~it was baaad! Of course, cops got inviolved and thankfully none of us went to jail and the poor guy didnt want to press charges or anything. Wow!! Deinately a bad deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

What had he done to be beaten up?.
Well....Im not exactly sure. I know at one point and time while in the bar he and his *woman* got into a argument and he ended up pushing her and hitting her...the guy that beat him up was kinda, sorta, defending her I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Did you call the police?
No! I didnt. I dunno who ended up calling them, I know it wasnt the guy or his *woman* because neither of them had a phone.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's terrible!

I hope that guy is ok. I really don't agree with physical violence for any reasons.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Well....Im not exactly sure. I know at one point and time while in the bar he and his *woman* got into a argument and he ended up pushing her and hitting her...the guy that beat him up was kinda, sorta, defending her I guess.
Wow, nice friends you have there

I've seen a few bar brawls in my time but never involving (i.e. being instigated by) friends

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

This. Is why. I don't go. To bars.

brrrrr!
You're not the only one. It's a horrible thing to witness - god alone knows I had a boyfriend who never seemed to be able to stay out of a fight when he get drunk. I don't like people who get too drunk, and I certainly don't want to be around when there'a conflict.

Hun, it's a good thing that nobody else got hurt.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Usually if something like that happens here the doormen or pub manager would have thrown the man who had hit the woman out.

Your friends lucky that the op didn't press charges though, because although the op was wrong for hitting the woman he could still sue your friend for assault, maybe worse if it was as bad as what you said it was

I've never seen a fight for years thank goodness

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

This. Is why. I don't go. To bars.

brrrrr!

Too many drunk people in one room do not a fun evening make.