abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH puppy breath, puppy ears, puppy paws ... love puppies! He is a beauty. How about Max or Caleb? lol I am not so good with names

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...isn't he just a little sweetie? How old is he?

He looks like a "Stogie." Or a "Humphrey."

*Bentley?
*Harrison?
*Laramar? (Larry for short?)
*William? Will? Willie? Wilbur?
*McDougal?

Make sure you read up on all of the training he needs...this is so important, particularly when the dog will grow to be large...and I think this little pup is going to sprout to a large size before your very eyes. Remember, exercise, exercise, exercise. Lots of mental stimulation, and socialization is important NOW with other dogs and puppies, a variety of people (such as family members, the vet, strangers, etc.), children, and people...he is mostly likely in the stage of his development where it is BEST to socialization with all of the above now, and build up his confidence. Puppy classes are very helpful too.

Enjoy him!!! He is a seriously sweet lookin' little puppy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the name ideas. We picked one, my bf came up with it actually, it's Tanner. As soon as he said it I was like 'hmm I think I like that' lol I've been doing lots of reading since we started thinking about getting a dog but I'm sure I'll be doing lots more

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So cute! He's gonna be a BIG boy if he grows into those feet of his. A book I was told to pick up is called "How to raise a puppy you can live with." So far, it has helped with training and such. Enjoy Tanner! He's a doll.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Tanner is a great name! Another couple of good books are "Puppies for Dummies", and "Housetraining for Dummies." They're excellent, and easy to follow!

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

DH's suggestion - MuttNDutt

Mine - he looks like a Murphy to me
Well my bf's last name is Murphy so I don't think he'd want to name him that. Thanks for the suggestions tho!

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I will have some more pics to post later today