you folks will laugh yourself silly

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so desperate to find a really well paying job that I have applied to kbr for an iraq job. & also went to the usa gov for iraq jobs. You'd think there wouldn't be a lot of competiton. at least in america.

As for may cast....don't you just love it when you hear something kinda furtive, low key. then silece and then the culprit cat rockets out of the room like the devil was on his tail?

It just kinda makes you wonder just what he was up to. & then they look all so innocent.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be carefull with contract jobs over there. They are targeting American workers in that area. I'm also in the market for a job. But you couldn't pay me enough to go over there right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am just too depressed to care. I just need a good job & money. I just hope that if I wind up over there and things go wrong (And lets' face it, I only applied, what are the odds that they'd take me?) it would be final. I am ok w/dead. Not w/vegetative states or with being so reduced that I would have to be taken care of.

Boy, isn't just great that all the american jobs have gone oversea! One way or another.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEEEK!!! Don't go over THERE!!! It's so dangerous right now...you don't know who they're going to bomb, shoot, or behead next! It's horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one is THAT desperate for a good paying job...surely you can find SOMETHING here in the states!!!!!!! Hang in there...something will come up!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oregon

I am just too depressed to care. I just need a good job & money. I just hope that if I wind up over there and things go wrong (And lets' face it, I only applied, what are the odds that they'd take me?) it would be final. I am ok w/dead. Not w/vegetative states or with being so reduced that I would have to be taken care of.

Boy, isn't just great that all the american jobs have gone oversea! One way or another.
If your depressed I'd suggest seeing a doctor. It sounds like you have more of a death wish than just being desperate for a job. Work two jobs if you have to. But don't go over there. It's too dangeorus. Think of the kitties. If your not alive who will take care of them? And don't say family because that doesn't always work out.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband was out of a job for six months recently, and towards the end, he considered joining the National Guard, just to get some money. I was not happy, especially because he was only doing it to have a job. Luckily, a few days later, the Indiana National Guard got redeployed to Iraq, so that made him reconsider... and then he found a real job.

Don't give up hope... it's so dangerous over there! Would you be going because you want to help with reconstruction, or because you just need a job? If you're willing to relocate to Iraq for a while, maybe you'd be willing to expand your job search to other states and cities... just an idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I already have two jobs, but that is still not enough right now. I am trying to get more hours at least in one of them & am looking around.
I really not into the death wish thing. I'd rather stay home, watch dvds and drink mochas w/extra chocolate.
Right now, that is not the way it is.
I have been looking and applying but nothing so far.
Like I said. for the iraq thing, it is a loooong shot.
As for the fur babies. That is why I was asking about will and what not. I want to think of them.
Thanks for the good words you all.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three friends working in Iraq right now - one is teaching in the north, in the Kurd area, which is fairly safe. Baghdad or the other big cities are a different story, though if you have a job that keeps you in the compound you are relatively safe. Some people even live in the confined area too, though that is deadly boring, which is another reason why jobs there are well paid..