why is he doing this??

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OKay for the past three nights i have woken up to Teufel attack my head.
Last night if felt something was observing me and i kind of had my eye open, i saw him get in position and then attacked my head and scratched it pretty badly.

I dont understand why he is doing this though, he has been lovely to me in the day time like constantly purr and let me scratch his eats and sit on my lap.

Whats causing him to do this?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's odd. Does it seem like really rough play or like he's really trying to hurt you?
Maybe your hair is moving weird on the pillow, though it's not like he's a new cat that's never seen your hair at night.

Has he had a recent vet visit to make sure his health ok? Vision or anything that could be messing with his nose? Maybe you're using a new shampoo he hates?

My off the wall idea, were I in your place, is that if it wasn't anything wrong with the cat I'd start checking my own health. Animals can sense illness.

Could you be getting a cold or been around anyone who's sick? Or even chronic headaches or migraines? Any sleep disorders like seep apnea?

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If a car's headlights come in your window and spotlight your head, he may be jumping at that, or else a perceived 'bug' or something.

cheap sushi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yell at him and tell him youre MAD! DONT hit him! After awhile he will understand. Its simple. Really.
Dont want to yell at him? It wont stop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well yes i have been sick for the past week, maybe i have been snoring and hes tried to make me stop???

nope no headlights in my room because i put up a black blanket so no lights can shine through at night time

I do yell at him, as soon as he does it, he will run away

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cheap Sushi

yell at him and tell him youre MAD! DONT hit him! After awhile he will understand. Its simple. Really.
Yelling at them is just as bad as hitting them. If theres one way to get a cat frightened it's yelling at them. My ex bf yelled once at Rosie when she was small and it was the last time he did it as well

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, if you snore, you could well have sleep apnea, which means you repeatedly stop breathing many times for many seconds each night, which is rather dangerous. If you haven't been tested for it, it might be a good idea to speak to your doctor and find out about it, and it could also be the reason your cat is trying to get you to start breathing again.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Well yes i have been sick for the past week, maybe i have been snoring and hes tried to make me stop???
I suggested that because I've been sick for the last week too
If I can get any sleep at night/early morning without coughing I get woke up by Tomas laying on my chest, usually he lays off to the side. I can't breath lately and fat kitten butt doesn't help.

Since you've been sick you may be snoring, like you suggested or making other noises in your sleep. You probably smell a little different too.
I hope he stops doing attack your head, that's certainly a bad habit. Could adding some pillows around your head so that it's a little harder for him to get in ambush position then run at your head help?