Trapping vibes needed

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to request some trapping vibes for today. With warm weather here and now that I finally have the time, I'm hoping to trap the last two known (males) at the site and get them fixed. Once they're neutered that will make 18 cats that have been fixed at this site since August, just an example of what can be accomplished when neighbors work together.

This is the same site that Little Ma, Helene's (Lady20) sweet boys, Gus and my current foster girl, Baby Lu, came from. The feeders did an awesome job of caring for the cats over the winter and I've visited every couple of weeks to check on things. This site is actually across town from where I live, so I really rely on the feeders. More good news is that another local TNR group (not the one I used to volunteer with) has stepped up and agreed to provide funding for the two males (and any additional cats that show up) to be fixed. They've also been providing food occasionally, which is a huge help, since this is a low income neighborhood.

So, please send some vibes that I can get these last two males taken care of. Will have to do them one at a time since I've got limited space. Will keep you posted. Thanks guys!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for whatever it is worth, here are some positive trapping vibes

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

I've done it a couple of times. Best of luck to you!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Successful trapping vibes for you .........

Wow you guys have certainly accomplished a lot. Good for you and May the Blessings be returned back to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes guys! They worked (sort of).
Seriously, I came home from the the site with a male cat, just not one of the two feral boys I was after today. This guy (grey/white) is pretty tame. The neighbors`say he's been hanging around for a couple of weeks. He's on the thin side, a little beat up and scraggly and definitely needs to be fixed. So, I'll take him to the spay/neuter clinic on Tuesday, then go after the feral boys again next Sunday. Need to get an earlier start than I did today, though.

Thanks, guys. I'll keep you posted!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eileen, just a thought....the shelter here normally sticks to one brand of food. The "off brands" that we get donated are often fed to ferals. Are there any shelters or anything that would donate the brands they do not normally use to feed these ferals?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

This guy (grey/white) is pretty tame. The neighbors`say he's been hanging around for a couple of weeks. He's on the thin side, a little beat up and scraggly and definitely needs to be fixed.
Oh good for you for helping this poor guy.
Maybe now he can go on to have a better life where is cared for.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Eileen, just a thought....the shelter here normally sticks to one brand of food. The "off brands" that we get donated are often fed to ferals. Are there any shelters or anything that would donate the brands they do not normally use to feed these ferals?
Great minds think alike Natalie!
Actually, the new TNR group I'm working with does that and has given me a couple good size food donations since Dec. I also have a couple of contacts who do rescue on their own and give me food when they can spare, it plus another local rescue that's helping me spread the word about Baby Lu has also offered some food.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you didn't get the boys you were after, but glad that at least you got this little guy.

Sending trapping vibes for next Sunday!

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great job, Eileen! Even tho it wasn't the one you went after, at least he'll have a chance at a better life thanks to you. Maybe he is of the Douglas lineage, lol. Good luck and vibes for the other 2 males, and the boys say, "you go girl".

Helene

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lady20

Great job, Eileen! Even tho it wasn't the one you went after, at least he'll have a chance at a better life thanks to you. Maybe he is of the Douglas lineage, lol. Good luck and vibes for the other 2 males, and the boys say, "you go girl".

Helene
Thanks, Helene, and everybody.
He could very well be related Douglas and Deacon, since their mother, Little Ma (who's still doing great) had so many litters of kittens before she was trapped and spayed.

In case you guys haven't seen my other thread in Cat SOS, this guy won't be going back to the site as originally planned. Since he turned out to be so sweet I decided to try finding him a home and even had somebody interested in adopting him. Unfortunately, he tested postive for FIV, so the adopter no longer wants him.

I'm now trying to find a rescue to take him and am getting ready to go out of town for work, so may need to put trapping the other guys on hold till I get back.

Will keep everybody posted. Thanks guys!

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was interested in where my two boys, Douglas and Deacon started their life so contacted Eilcon for where she has been trapping and neutering. I visited the site and saw a black and white cat from a distance, but it disappeared when I came closer. The house where Deacon and Douglas were captured is now for sale and the grass is so long, I would not be surprised if the cats were right in front of my eyes but due to the long grass I could not see them. At any rate, I am so happy and appreciative of Eilcon's efforts because I see the kind of life my boys might have had, if not for her.

Eilcon, you go girl

Helene

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I was interested in where my two boys, Douglas and Deacon started their life so contacted Eilcon for where she has been trapping and neutering. I visited the site and saw a black and white cat from a distance, but it disappeared when I came closer. The house where Deacon and Douglas were captured is now for sale and the grass is so long, I would not be surprised if the cats were right in front of my eyes but due to the long grass I could not see them. At any rate, I am so happy and appreciative of Eilcon's efforts because I see the kind of life my boys might have had, if not for her.

Eilcon, you go girl

Helene
I'm glad you were able to visit the neighborhood, Helene. The black/white cat you saw could have been of the two males that needs to be fixed or the female, Sweetie Pie, that was spayed in the fall. The boy's mother, Little Ma, was probably close by too. She keeps an eye on the whole neighborhood!
The neighbors really do an awesome job taking care of the cats and they're better of than many stray/feral cats in inner-city Cincy, but I'm glad the boys ended up with you. They've got such a great life now! Thanks for your kind words.

My business trip is this week, but I'll try trapping again as soon as I return.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Eilcon, you go girl

Helene
What a blessing that is on many levels. To be able to go and see where your babys came from and that they were rescued from a homeless life

Eileen is angel she really is