Just so we know:(

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
100,000 lbs of hamburger has been recalled in Northwest Us ... Why ECOLI....
I just heard it on the news so no link

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GREAT! Just what we need- another recall. I just spent a stay in the ER from food poisioning and before that i had it in the summer... there needs to be better regulations on things like this. Thanks for the update gorgeous- hopefully it will keep some of us from eating the contaminated meats. Is it just ground beef do you know? Or is it ground turkey as well?

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eh? But if you cook your beef properly, it shouldn't cause a problem at all right?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Eh? But if you cook your beef properly, it shouldn't cause a problem at all right?
Cook it thoroughly, to an inside temperature of 140 degrees and you should be OK. Make sure that you wipe down all surfaces that have come in contact with the raw meat with a 10-to-1 bleach solution and wash your hands with antibacterial soap.

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Then all the increasing recalls will make perfect sense.
It really is an intereseting book on the food industry. It doesn't just deal w/fast food. In a later part of the book it goes into details into describing how the meat rendering/packing industry works.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a mess, but I can't even imagne how many times this has happened and it was never ever caught I bet it would be unbelievable, and we know it has happened alot

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blecky. This stuff sucks. Ah well I use a meat thermomater anyways.

But, its not just meat this has been happening too. What about all that Lettuce and Spinach? Ugh..making me wanna just eat tater chips ..lol

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cook all meat until it is very well done. I rarely will eat at a fast food restaurant due to a Robin Cook book called "Toxin". It will deter you quickly. As long as you cook it at higher temperatures and well enough it will not be an issue. Just make sure not to cross contaminate with vegetables on the same cutting board.