WooHoo!!! Online shopping is sooo much fun!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went on a little shopping spree online. Hehe i love shopping in my pj's!
I've taken about a week to pick out things from LUSH and Plain Brown Tabby (i like to take my time and make sure i REALLY want a product first) and finally picked out things i think will work. I haven't bought anything for myself in quite a long time so it was kinda nice to get some bath/body things and i got the kitties an order from PBT too
I'm always a huge saver so i don't shop unless i've set aside a bit to save first. I can't wait for the shippments to get here lol. It sure is a good thing i don't shop online much!!!
That could be tooooo convient
(i usually just pay cash for everything i need in the stores, if i need something online, colin orders it for me and i pay him). Anyone else like to shop online? I recently started and i'm always trying to be super cautious about who has my info. What are you favorite places to shop online?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh i love amazon.com! I got some Christmas things from there (i had a gift card) and they gave me free shipping, and everything arrived just perfectly -not to mention the good prices!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Online shopping....just even saying the words sends shiver down my spine lol!

Its bad though...to think I used to GO OUT to buy all the junk I buy. At least I was getting some exercise lol.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Online shopping....just even saying the words sends shiver down my spine lol!

Its bad though...to think I used to GO OUT to buy all the junk I buy. At least I was getting some exercise lol.
Exactly why i don't have a credit card
so i have to go out and pay cash if i want something (when i order online- colin uses his card for me and i give him cash.) i'm good with money- i save well. but i just don't want the temptation of a credit card/online shopping spree to be THAT easy
When i use Colin's card- it keeps us accountable for what we spend

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I almost always buy book online. It's so much cheaper than in stores.

I was at a Chapters store the other day looking for the box set of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and they were selling it for $35. I came home, checked online, and Chapters.ca had a different edition on sale for $15
(that's for the complete trilogy in five volume
)

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What are you favorite places to shop online?
Amazon.com for just about everything. They started out as just a book store and NOW look at them! People keep saying what do they have to do with the Amazon, anyway? I keep saying what does my Himalayan cat have to do with the Himalayas!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love online shopping- but I get so impatient waiting for the stuff to arrive- I want it to show up right when I'm done ordering it!

I love shopping from Victorias Secret and Bath & Body Works online- they always have good deals!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THe combination of our mail system in Chicago being the worst in the country (if anyone ever wants to send me anything important, even just a letter or a check or something, it HAS to be sent certified, period.) and the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have all the stores physically here AND my paranoia about identity theft has left me something of a luddite as far as internet shopping goes! I know...I'm a lame-o!

But just ask my mom...she thinks internet shopping is the greatest invention since the wheel! And boy, does she have fun!!

Nikki- I also have heard that Lush products through the mail are more fresh than the ones on the store, since they get mailed to you directly from the factory!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was nine years ago that I bought my previous computer on eBay! USED, yet! Such courage...

But then, I did use eBay's escrow service... and I was buying it from a minister...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Nikki- I also have heard that Lush products through the mail are more fresh than the ones on the store, since they get mailed to you directly from the factory!
That's great to know....considering you've turned me into a LUSH a-holic now
I placed quite an order for there online last night
I can't WAIT for it to get here!!! But it will probably take a while considering i did just the regular ground mail (everything else was WAY too expensive- between 30-40 bucks just for shipping
so i don't mind waiting a bit
Their website is supposed to be pretty secure too so i liked that as well

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a EBAY freak!!
I am going to have to do some looking around at the other 2 sites you mentioned, I have yet to do that!!
Oh yeah and shopping in pj's is a PLUS!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered some Mephisto sandals online; I love shoppiing online!

Shopping on an island STINKS! There's no selection!

We get New Mexico green chiles and salsas online (505 brand), and I get lots of our daughter's clothes from Lands End (all the kids here wear the same clothes and shoes from the same four stores). I love The Company Store, too, great quality and much less expensive than linens here. At Christmas, Santa would definately disappoint without the internet... how else could he find that Kit Fisto figurine that is the ONLY thing Daughter wants for Christmas?

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I mentioned earlier, I am an online shopping fan lol. The funny thing is my post man..when he rings at the door, he always comments that he needs a truck to deliver my mail (hardly true lol....just a few ebay and amazon.com purchases). I do get paranoid though that he wonders what is in all these packages lol.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been hitting Ebay a little lately, and it is EVIL! I bid on and won 2 rings one day, then I saw the same kind of ring I had just won, but with a different stone, and just for the heck of it, I bid on it with 3 minutes to go, never expecting to win, and darn if I didn't win it, too. The stones are really different, but the settings are the same, tiny seashells. Ringlovers is a really good Ebay store if you like silver jewelry. Must stay away..........

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I think you should treat yourself everynow and then. I know you spoil you kitties all the time, that sometimes it's just nice to get something for yourself!

I am really considering getting that banana on Plain Brown Tabby. I got a laser pointer at Petsmart on friday and ALL of our cats love it EXCEPT Lexi. I don't know why she won't even take a second look at it. So I want to get something for her also so she doesn't feel left out.
I love ordering online! I use Amazon quite often for books, movies, games, etc.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Good for you! I think you should treat yourself everynow and then. I know you spoil you kitties all the time, that sometimes it's just nice to get something for yourself!

I am really considering getting that banana on Plain Brown Tabby. I got a laser pointer at Petsmart on friday and ALL of our cats love it EXCEPT Lexi. I don't know why she won't even take a second look at it. So I want to get something for her also so she doesn't feel left out.
I love ordering online! I use Amazon quite often for books, movies, games, etc.
I felt kinda selfish getting stuff for me just because i usually don't -it's usually for other people or my kitties- but i figured since is set some money aside and all bills/etc were paid it would be nice to treat myself a little bit. I'm excited- i can't wait till my LUSH and PBT shippment get here!!!
(i couldn't order something online without getting my furbabies something too lol) Definitely get the banana! I ordered one for Kojak- he likes the real fruit so i think he'd like this too
Everyone else on here seems to love it too!! Plus i love the idea of supporting a fellow TCS member's site

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's great to know....considering you've turned me into a LUSH a-holic now
I placed quite an order for there online last night
I can't WAIT for it to get here!!! But it will probably take a while considering i did just the regular ground mail (everything else was WAY too expensive- between 30-40 bucks just for shipping
so i don't mind waiting a bit
Their website is supposed to be pretty secure too so i liked that as well
Oooooh! What did you end up getting?!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Oooooh! What did you end up getting?!
This is what i ordered. I hope it is all good!!! I placed a big order for me because i will not be able to order over the summer (at least not the things with melt warnings) because it gets scorching hot around here so i might have to wait till fall for the things that melt so i figured i'd give it all a go now
Colin was like..."you spent how much on bath s#5^?" then he just rolled his eyes and asked why i couldn't just use one bar of cheap soap for everything. Men!
they don't understand our need for yummy bath things
Here's the list of what i got- when the option was available, i got the smallest i could get just to try it. I'm sooooo excited! I can't wait for everything to get here!!!

Honey Trap- lip balm
Amazonian- massage bar
Godiva Shampoo - shampoo
Youki-Hi -bath bomb
Blackberry -bath bomb
Sex Bomb -bath bomb
Flying Fox -shower gel
All That Jasmine -bath bomb
Big Calm Jelly- jelly soap
Bathos- bubble bar
Silky Underwear - powder

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is what i ordered. I hope it is all good!!! I placed a big order for me because i will not be able to order over the summer (at least not the things with melt warnings) because it gets scorching hot around here so i might have to wait till fall for the things that melt so i figured i'd give it all a go now
Colin was like..."you spent how much on bath s#5^?" then he just rolled his eyes and asked why i couldn't just use one bar of cheap soap for everything. Men!
they don't understand our need for yummy bath things
Here's the list of what i got- when the option was available, i got the smallest i could get just to try it. I'm sooooo excited! I can't wait for everything to get here!!!

Honey Trap- lip balm
Amazonian- massage bar
Godiva Shampoo - shampoo
Youki-Hi -bath bomb
Blackberry -bath bomb
Sex Bomb -bath bomb
Flying Fox -shower gel
All That Jasmine -bath bomb
Big Calm Jelly- jelly soap
Bathos- bubble bar
Silky Underwear - powder
That's all good stuff!! I've never tried the bath jellies, because I can't figure out how I would go about using them! I hear they lather really well...you're just supposed to like break a little off and moosh it into your pouf, I guess. I've also never done Amazonian...this has more to do with the 5 half-used massage bars I have sitting around...gotta finish those before I move on, although, I have 2 Soft Coeurs, and those are best used with a buddy

You will not be disappointed by Bathos, Sex Bomb, Blackberry or Silky Underwear. Those are basically universally loved by everyone ever. I did Blackberry last night....nice light, calming scent, and VERY pretty colored water. If you want a nice, decadent fairy-princess bath, do half the Bathos and half the Sex Bomb at the same time.

I personally love Youki-Hi, Godiva and Flying Fox (they're all the same scent) and will never be without them again, but I'm aware of people who cringe at them. They ARE ridicuously strong scents. Well, if you don't like them, I'll buy em off ya! You are also aware that Lush also has a very-active forum, no?

I think I'm going to have to suck it up and try ordering from them online, because I want to see if there's a difference in freshness!