What breed is this cat?

man_of_death

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been trying to find out what breed my cat is.

First let me view a picture...

CHECK THIS LINK
http://bp3.blogger.com/_yupPkYqppG8/...1600-h/2004.11

Backstory: He's born in May 1998, his mother died only a few months after he was born and so did all his syblings (awful owners). Who his father was, was never known. It is likely that his father was a Norwegian Forest Cat, because this is a very large cat in both length and width and he weighs 9-10kg. He also exhibits attidute and traits common with Norwegian Forest Cats such as being a good hunter and intelligent (also he is kind and harmless to humans). If anyone here has better knowledge on what his breed may be judging by that picture, please let me know.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would call him handsome... without papers and actually knowing what mom and dad were ... he is a Domestic medium hair... tabby pattern

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO he's a shorthair, not a long hair. He is a brown tabby and white tho - very pretty markings. But just a shorthair mixed breed. No particular breed but "handsome"
I figure his dad probably was just a very large mixed breed himself

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what breed he might be but he's very, very, cute!

Welcome to the site!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

man_of_death

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He acts almost like a human being, does anyone have a cat like that? He's a talker, he meows like he's trying to tell you something, and most of the time he is. My parents who have been cat owners for decades always say that this is the kindest and most humane cat they have ever encountered. He has never scratched me, never bitten me, never harmed anyone I know since we took him in back in 1998. My sister is relentless when it comes to controlling him, she does anything she wants with him... dresses him etc. She doesn't harm him but it is like he allows her to do this, most cats would become furious and scratch. He just lets it pass, always has. It's hard to explain this exactly, but when you come up to him while he's relaxing and just pet him he looks at you like he understands you.

Here's another pic...
http://bp1.blogger.com/_yupPkYqppG8/...7-129+copy.JPG

Has anyone had a cat similar to this one?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO he's a shorthair, not a long hair. He is a brown tabby and white tho - very pretty markings. But just a shorthair mixed breed. No particular breed but "handsome"
I figure his dad probably was just a very large mixed breed himself
I agree with Goldenkitty. Large cats do seem to be more gentle imo.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had several larger males that are big lovebugs and smooshy cats who tolerate almost everything - very laid back. That's why I prefer to adopt the males and neuter them - they are more laid back and friendly then my females

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a standard breed/random-bred kitty...we call them "domestic shorthairs" and they are the standard upon which the cat fancy emerged from. The best cats on the planet, IMHO! He's also one of my very favorite patterns...brown tabby and white! Gorgeous!