Damita's sick again

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something's going really wrong somewhere. She ripping into her head/ears. Vomiting up most of what she eats. She can't be having an allergic reaction to raw beef medallions!

I'm not sure what to do now. I've tried everything & things were going so well. I'm going to try feeding her medallions warmed in water, but she's never had a problem with fridge temp medallions before!

I'm going to try to syringe something into her for tonight....whether it's something she's allerigc to or not. She has to get something into her.

The vet here is stumped....& he's my last resort. The best vet I can afford. I pray he can figure this out....he keeps talking about cancer & tumors.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big

have you tried her with sweet poato??

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I afraid I can't offer much except sympathy. Can she eat plain chicken breasts? Or baby food?
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Something's going really wrong somewhere. She ripping into her head/ears. Vomiting up most of what she eats. She can't be having an allergic reaction to raw beef medallions!

I'm not sure what to do now. I've tried everything & things were going so well. I'm going to try feeding her medallions warmed in water, but she's never had a problem with fridge temp medallions before!

I'm going to try to syringe something into her for tonight....whether it's something she's allerigc to or not. She has to get something into her.

The vet here is stumped....& he's my last resort. The best vet I can afford. I pray he can figure this out....he keeps talking about cancer & tumors.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also offer a big hug.

This is probably far fetched, but if she was going to react to the chicken she had (once?, last week?) then she would have already reacted and gotten over it, right?

Or could it be the lamb?

I hope you and the vet can get it figured out.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been tested for various kinds of allergies? Our dog was allergic to almost everything, from protein sources to pollen and mold to humans and cats. Allergy shots helped some, but he still had occasional flare-ups which were treated with medication (I can't remember what kind) and homeopathic remedies. Is there a chance that this is an allergy to something other than food?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no advice for you and can only offer good wishes for you and Damita.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, discontinue feeding the beef medallions, if you think that is what is causing the reaction. In the meantime, offer her some steamed plain brown rice with plain boiled shredded chicken mixed in...it's bland, and shouldn't cause too much upset. Unless she's also allergic to the chicken...then perhaps offer some mutton in the chicken's place in the rice. And push fluids...a kitty with diarrhea becomes dehydrated, and then they won't eat much of anything.

Then, schedule a vet appointment, and have them do a comprehensive allergen screening. Perhaps this will point you in the direction of what you need to do next...

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm' so sorry about damita! i'm wishing you the best.....i'd definitely just try to get her to eat her FAVORITE food - even if it isn't great for her....like baby food, sweet potato, pumpkin, squash. . .???

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Damita

Have you considered getting a second opinion from another vet? Not that I'm saying your vet isn't doing all he can, but sometimes a fresh set of eyes can think of something different to try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, I'll try to answer all questions.

This is our third vet. The first said to euthanize her, the second was stumped, & now this one is confused, but trying everything he can think of. I understand that being the first thought, but I'm out of vets to try.

She's never had allergy testing. The price of it is a big factor. If she was going to have an allergic reaction to the chicken she had...like a week ago?....it would've been before now. Her ears are nasty, they're really "wet" inside so I'm wondering if there's an ear infection. She's been off the lamb medallions for a week-ish now. She won't eat cooked rice(I tried once). I can boil her some chicken to try that(or else just go for raw chicken). I've never tried sweet potato on her. I can't get anywhere to get baby food until Tuesday morning, so that does me no good. Right now, I'm feeding her canned whatever she will eat. I really wish I had the Natural Balance Venison & Green Pea....she would always eat that....but that stupid recall took that from me!

teetee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really wish I had the Natural Balance Venison & Green Pea....she would always eat that....but that stupid recall took that from me!
I was at my local pet store on Friday and noticed they still had the Venison & Green Pea cans on the shelves. When I mentioned it to the clerk, he said that the recall only involved the dry food. This is confirmed on the Natural Balance website. http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/faq.html

I hope this helps. Best wishes to you and Damita.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm....I do still have my canned Venison & Green Pea.

The good news? Damita kept down some canned Science Diet d/d. The bad news? It cost me $1.35 per 5 oz can & I had to fight to get any.
She's eating & not puking...it's a start!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Hmmm....I do still have my canned Venison & Green Pea.

The good news? Damita kept down some canned Science Diet d/d. The bad news? It cost me $1.35 per 5 oz can & I had to fight to get any.
She's eating & not puking...it's a start!
At least she seems to be feeling a little bit better.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The boiled chicken came back up. I gave her tummy about an hour & a half to settle, then gave her some cooked roast beef. It's been about 20 minutes & I haven't seen that roast beef yet....which makes me think it'll stay down. She usually vomits within 15 minutes after eating.

I'm going to call NB tomorrow to see if the cans I have are safe. Tonight, she's getting canned SD d/d duck flavor.

And it's never the same food that comes up. She hasn't had any probs with beef medallions until now. She's eaten boiled chicken before many times & never had a problem. But, the roast beef never typically sits well with her.