The reign of Queen Turvy Demeter has ended

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turvy Demeter was the grand matron of the Jellicle Tribe of Mammoth Cave. She was my very first cat, and would have been 17 on June 3rd. She gave me no sign, no warning that her time had come. She slipped away quietly, lying beside her box as though she had simply laid down and passed on to the bridge. She had the typical problems with age that many of us have, arthritis in her hips, and sometimes her mind just wasn't as clear as it used to be. But she took her medications like a trooper, and the last year she had acted almost like a kitten, pouncing onto cabinets, climbing curtains, and just getting into mischief.

She never had a litter of her own, having been spayed as a kitten...but that did not stop her from stepping up and adopting the young, tiny wayward souls that I brought home. Her title as grand matron was earned, as she raised several of the Jellicles herself.

This is Turvy Demeter's last photograph, taken just hours before the end, still being the kitten, clowning around and wrecking a closet with her boys.

I want to say something meaningful and insightful, something that would truly speak of Turvy's life with us, and the profound effect that she has had on us all, but words just don't seem to want to work with me right now. I've gathered her toys, her tags and her favorite blanky, and will lay her to rest with Nauti and Cabela, the D.O.G. at first light, beneath the birdfeeders that they all loved so well.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mike I'm so sorry!
She was so pretyt, too!

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, Turby. The Jellicle tribe will be lost without you!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mike, I'm so very sorry to hear of your and the Jellicle Tribe's sudden loss of Queen Turvy Demeter

Up, up, up, past the Russell Hotel
Up, up, up, up, to the Heaviside Layer

Travel well to the Heaviside Layer and Rainbow Bridge, Turvy. You are much missed already...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences to you and the tribe for your great loss. Play happily Turvy.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl. It sounds like she had a long, fulfilling life.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry
You gave her a good long life full of love, and when her time came she slipped away peacefully in the comfort of her own home. Cherish the happy memories you have of her. My heart goes out to you.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I want to say something meaningful and insightful, something that would truly speak of Turvy's life with us, and the profound effect that she has had on us all, but words just don't seem to want to work with me right now.

Mike, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

I didn't understand the roles within your tribe, but you said one word that gave me insight to her life and the effect she had in your household: matron. I had a matron in a feral colony and she crossed suddenly like Turvy. And even though she was a feral cat her entire life (11 years), I was unprepared for the effects her loss had on me. I couldn't touch her and I loved her for what she represented in her life. I get it. You've already said it all.

I am sending calming vibes to you and your tribe and hope that your Turvy finds my matron Blackie over the bridge.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I am sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for you.

RIP sweet little kitty.