Seal (snow) Bengals Examples

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pictures showing the differences between the seal bengals.

This is Arctic Cowboy, aka Rodeo, as a youngster. He is a seal mink bengal. The minks have green or aqua-green eyes, and the contrast between their spots and background coat is usually very striking.

This is Rodeo as an adult, you can see his eyes are a nice shade of green.

This is Annalisse as a kitten. She is a seal lynx point marbled bengal. The lynx's always have brilliant blue eyes like the siamese. Her contrast is unusually good for a lynx, because the norm is for the contrast to be muted.

This is Arctic Phenom. She is also a seal mink bengal. Her green eyes are pale as a kitten but will intensify as she ages. She has excellent contrast between her backgound color and her spots.

This is Ice Princess as a young kitten. She is a seal lynx point bengal. Her eye color in this photo was changing from dark blue to a brilliant light blue color. You can see that her contrast is muted, like most lynx points.

I have yet to breed (produce) a Seal Sepia (Gold Eyes), so I don't have a photo. But, a sepia, should have good contrast, nearly like the seal mink, but the eyes will be Gold.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's another from a recent show.

Those cats are gorgeous! You breed such gorgeous cats.

At the same show as that picture, there was a mink Bengal (I am guessing) that had unusually ruddy-colored background fur and really green eyes. Is that possible, or was he just a "regular" colored Bengal? Are all mink Bengals the same tone?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rodeo is about as beautiful as a cat can be. They're all beautiful, though. It's just that I love everything about Rodeo. What a handsome face he has.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

There's another from a recent show.

Those cats are gorgeous! You breed such gorgeous cats.

At the same show as that picture, there was a mink Bengal (I am guessing) that had unusually ruddy-colored background fur and really green eyes. Is that possible, or was he just a "regular" colored Bengal? Are all mink Bengals the same tone?
That's a very nice marbled seal lynx point. Great contrast. I can't really see the pattern too well, but looks to be a very nice cat.

I don't usually produce many seals, but the ones I have over the years have been good ones. Thank-you for the compliments!

Seal bengals should all have an ivory background color. Usually as the cat matures, the background color will darken somewhat and the spots should follow suit. The best seal's will retain their ivory coloring into adulthood and not darken to the point of looking light tan.
The ruddy looking bengal you saw, should have been listed as a "brown spotted or marbled", not a seal mink. Green, Gold or Copper eyes are the standard for the brown spotted.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, ok. I figured I was mistaken. He was just so light in color.

I think the thing about Rodeo's face that grabs my attention is the high-set eyes and broad nose bridge. It gives him such a regal, yet compassionate, look.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Rodeo is about as beautiful as a cat can be. They're all beautiful, though. It's just that I love everything about Rodeo. What a handsome face he has.
Thanks Hope! I have yet to meet anyone, including other breeders, who don't think Rodeo is awesome. I have a short list of breeders who want to buy him from me...lol.
I'm more inclined to pet him out when he's ready. He's a very sweet boy and I'd like him to have a pampered life in the near future.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Ah, ok. I figured I was mistaken. He was just so light in color.

I think the thing about Rodeo's face that grabs my attention is the high-set eyes and broad nose bridge. It gives him such a regal, yet compassionate, look.
The coloring on the bridge of his nose causes a bit of an optical illusion, but he does have a great muzzle and his profile is arrow straight. IMO, he fits the standard perfectly in regards to his head.
He has the sweetest temperament too, very gentle boy, I guess it comes across in his photos. I know our girls all love him.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have such beautiful bengals!
I know now that I want a bengal when the time is right for me. I hope that maybe I could get one from you.
I want to do some more research first. I had very good recommendations about you. Those pictures are just so gorgeous.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, So mink = green eyes, lynx = blue eyes and sepia = gold eyes.

I think I have it now.
I love learning new things.

Nial, slightly off topic, but prompted by the pictures of your incredible kitties:

Please explain how their ears are considered rounded, as to my eyes they look pointy. Yet I've read that Bengals have smaller, more rounded ears than regular breeds.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GingersMom - It's more that a bengal should have small rounded ears. Alot of them have rather pointed ears. Ear tufts on the top of the ear are a complete no-no as well. I'm sure Nial can say more about that though.

Gorgeous cats and Rodeo is so handsome, I'm not surprised to hear he has a waiting list.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

OK, So mink = green eyes, lynx = blue eyes and sepia = gold eyes.

I think I have it now.
I love learning new things.

Nial, slightly off topic, but prompted by the pictures of your incredible kitties:

Please explain how their ears are considered rounded, as to my eyes they look pointy. Yet I've read that Bengals have smaller, more rounded ears than regular breeds.
Out of my two Bengal's, I notice that Angel has the more rounded smaller ears, where as Simba has the longer more pointy ears. Although even Simba's ears are more rounded at the tip than the average cat.

Angel's picture is on my Siggy and here is Simba

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Out of my two Bengal's, I notice that Angel has the more rounded smaller ears, where as Simba has the longer more pointy ears. Although even Simba's ears are more rounded at the tip than the average cat.

Angel's picture is on my Siggy and here is Simba
Your bengal is beautiful..

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, i was wondering if you could confirm for me which type you think mine is! He's not show quality or anything. I think hes a seal sepia

not sure if the eye colour shows that accurately in the photo but its like a very clear pale gold/green

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good question. If I just had the second pic to go on, I'd say he's a seal mink. They look mostly green in that pic.

In the first pic, his eyes look pale gold, like you said. Tough call. What color do his eyes look most like, in natural light?

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
in natural light they are very very pale, almost kind of clear gold/green. I can't decide! They seem to have a bit of both in it. But it is very pale green just in the centre and the rest seems gold! Hes quite dark for a snowy. His marking are very dark brown

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is exactly why in the UK they simplified the snow bengal categories.

There's just blue eyed snow and any other eye colour (AOC) snow. So your cat, pawsandwhiskers would be an AOC-snow Bengal if shown in the UK.

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is probably a silly question.....is the eye colour over here not as good, or is there as much confusion in other countries? I got him as a rehome as he was from a backyard breeder and she had her kittens and cats mostly taken away as they got out of control. I think someone complained about the noise. So hes not got papers and not being shown. Very much just a pet, but i was just interested really.

I wasn't sure if the dark spots indicated one way or the other as the blue-eyed snows seem much snowier, so wondered if they all have slightly different marked coats etc. He does have a lot of glitter and his belly is very snowy but his back is pretty dark!

Sorry hijacking thread, just curious!!!!

pennicat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Pawsandwhiskers,
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm new to the forums and looking at older Bengal topics.

I noticed your question about your Bengal, and he does look like a Sepia to me, but I'm not a breeder or anything so can't be sure. However, his coloring looks a lot like my Tigerlily's coloring and according to her papers, she is a Seal Sepia Snow.

You can see her picture here:
Lily at 7 months

and here she is with her younger "brother" Rajah (who is a silver with a lot of tarnish):

Lily and Rajah

Kristi

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rodeo is beautiful

I only wish I did not already have a five-cat household
All of your lovely Bengals are making me want to drive on down to NC right now!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

This is exactly why in the UK they simplified the snow bengal categories.

There's just blue eyed snow and any other eye colour (AOC) snow. So your cat, pawsandwhiskers would be an AOC-snow Bengal if shown in the UK.
Thank you! I am so glad you posted that info, because I was getting very confused thinking I'd never heard of all those colours! Happens to me a lot when I read threads referring to American breed categories.